misco.co.uk

Computers & Electronics

Review of "misco.co.uk"

published 03/03/2008 | waterbaby999
Member since : 22/04/2006
Pro Very good prices, quick access to customer services, good business relationships formed
Cons I have not found anything yet - their site can sometimes be quite "busy"

"A positive review of Misco"

I have to say I am amazed at the reviews for this company. I've been involved with companies who have used Misco as a primary supplier for IT Equipment for several years now, as well as putting through numerous personal orders for my own computer parts and periperhals. I have recently started my own business in the same sector and had no hesitation in contacting Misco to arrange a Premier Business Account.

Although initially I made an error in completing the signup form, I was able to contact customer services and clear up this problem very quickly and easily, and they were able to comply with my request to communicate only via email as I couldn't take calls in the day.

I was assigned a Premier Business Manager within a matter of hours, who contacted me directly to introduce himself, providing me with email, telephone and fax as a method of contacting him at any time during working hours.

After replying with a list of items required for a network upgrade rollout (SBS + 5CAL, XP OEM Packs, RAID Controller, Hard Drive, Ram, etc etc etc) I received a quote back within less than 30 minutes, and he also managed to source one item for me which was being discontinued and hold it until the following monday to ensure it was available should I require it, but also sourced several alternatives of similar specifications without me asking him to do this for me.

Finally I decided I needed some extra items to add to the order for my own business (external hard drive, new flatscreen monitor for a workstation, etc), which needed to be on a separate invoice - this was no problem at all and was managed seamlessly.

All items I have ever ordered from Misco have arrived on time, in excellent packaging and I have never needed to return any items.

The site can be quite busy on the homepage, with lots of products being displayed which some users may find distracting, however I have found the navigation and the search functions to be very accurate and intuitive.

All I can think about the amount of negative reviews is that people tend to be more motivated to write a review after a bad experience, than after a good experience. Do feel free to contact me if you would like to chat about my experiences as I feel this abundance of negative reviews does not accurately represent this company, in my personal opinion.

• BristolBud published 03/03/2008
    Great review - always nice to hear the other side. Paula