mobilefun.co.uk

Member since : 26/12/2000
Pro Free actually means free
Cons limited choice

"Mobile Noise"

I was looking for something free, and here I found it.

I only discovered this site through ciao, but I'm now pretty gald I did (sort of). The site is based at basically all mobile phone users (although I'm sure a lot of them will not be interested). It will be of most help to any Nokia phone user. It has a number of free ringtones (not that many though)(that are actually free for a change), and also a lot of other things too. Its not just a ringtone site (I know these things aren't everybodys cup of tea, including mine actually), as they offer good deals on things like phone cases, spare batteries, aerials, facias (of which there are loads to fit most nokia phones, even the 3310), hands free kits. Basically, they have everything and are much more than just a free ringtone site.

The site is quite a nice looking one. Not lovely, but it suits the content - quite colourful. Its also very fast which is nice to see. Its easy to get around as its very well laid out. A long list on the home page makes everything clear, although the writing is a bit small really.

I've tried a few of the ringtones. Firstly, you have to register. The process for this is one of the best I've ever seen. You just keep on scrolling around for a minute, and then its done. You give them you email address, and they send you a confirmation thing. It doesn't take long to arrive so you can pretty much get on to the site pretty quickly. I love sites like this where they send the tones to you, instead of you having to type in a long code to create the tunes yourself. Mine only took about 1 minute at the most to reach me. They were nothing spectacular, but you can't complain at free things.

There is a search thingy on the site which will help you find anything you want. theer are also plenty of smaller searches around the site for finding more specific things.

There are planty of other links here too, which lead to other similar sites.

• jonwhite published 03/01/2001
    With two Phone fashion conscious children and 3 other mobiles in the house i'd better give this site a visit. Thanks for an informative and well written opinion.
  • LostWitness published 03/01/2001
    There are quite a few of these websites around now - I tend to think that the novelty of downloading ring tones wears off pretty quick. Some of them are pretty awful!