mobiles.co.uk

published 30/09/2009 | Minxie100
Member since : 30/09/2009
Satisfactory
Pro None!
Cons Where do I start? Bad, bad, bad customer services, Mis-selling tarriffs, Long hold times......

"Do NOT use!"

That is my advice! If you do and things go wrong, prepare for a lot of wasted time and a fight! I'm currently on hold to them and have been for the last 30 odd mins! And this is good!!!

I fell into the same trap as cwh0716, the discount isn't a discount at all. Took out an 02 contract with them at £25 a month with £5 discount. When checked with 02 they say the contract has always been £25 as bonus tarriff, so to me I should be paying £20 a month, however, when bought up with mobiles.co.uk they say it's usually £30 and reduced to £25, (which is NOT what O2 confirmed to me a number of times)!

Thinking about small claims court as they just refuse to sort it out! My emails go unanswered. Apparently there is a 4 working day turn around for the supervisor (Zoe Hirst) but as yet I've been waiting 2 weeks!!!

Every email you send goes back into the queue, even if its already an open case. So if they say it takes 4 working days to get a supervisor email responce then it'll take 4 working days for EVERY email you're sending!

Oh, and I'm still on hold to them, even after writting this! (20 more mins)!

UPDATE,
After an hour of hold music, I got told that the supervisor is on lunch! It's 16.15, they close at 17.30!!!!

UPDATE!

I had to make another phone call the other day as I still had heard nothing, and spoke to an advisor mobiles.co.uk should be proud of (she couldn't help as not a supervisor but she listened to what I was saying (and understood it) and found out what was happening for me, it turns out that the complaint was with their marketing department! I was told I'd get a responce from the supervisor soon.

Well, today I still hadn't heard, so I called again (think I know their hold music word for word now)! The advisor put me on hold to find out some information and came back with good news! Mobiles.co.uk are going to send me a cheque for the equivalent of £5 a month for 24 months (the length of the contract)! So £120!!! This is all they can do as it's now too late to cancel the contract!

I still feel, if they had sorted this out properly and quickly in the first place, instead of digging in their heals, when I had proof the tarriff they sold me was originally £25 in the first place, then the contract could have been cancelled. But in truth, I love the phone, have confused people over my new number already and don't want any other confusion! And now I have this £5 a month discount (once I get the cheque) I feel I now have the great deal I was looking for! Just a shame it took so long and so much extra stress at a time I was already stressed and grieving!

In the end, A great outcome, A lesson learnt, A hurdle passed, and best of all, the feeling that I WON!!!!!

• TheHairyGodmother published 06/10/2009
    re-rated
  • TheHairyGodmother published 01/10/2009
    Sorry but much more information is required to achieve higher ratings. If you add anything to this review in terms of additional detail and opinion, please do not hesitate to drop a quick message in my guestbook and I will come back and re-rate :)
  • cwh0716 published 01/10/2009
    I am sorry to hear the same story from you. I posted my experience and wish other people avoid the same suitation as me. I complained to consumer-direct and they said the information on the discount was clear. What can I say!!! Anyway, please remember to cancel phone insurance and phone online help service if you don't need. The phone numbers of the two services are TMTI – 0870 429 6091 Phone Care Insurance – 0870 111 7002 Good luck.