mobiles.co.uk

Review of "mobiles.co.uk"

published 16/10/2009 | medicuk
Member since : 16/10/2009
Pro Price, Customer Services
Cons Inaccuarte stock levels recorded on their website

"Cheapest place to get an iPhone in the UK ........"

I've wanted to get an iPhone for a while now but had to wait for my current contract to run out and decided to research the best place to buy one from. As a regular user of Quidco (a cashback site) I noticed that mobiles.co.uk were offering £60 cashback for every iPhone contract, which made it by the far the cheapest site to purchase from. I also had an offer code for a free bluetooth headset (that you can get off hotukdeals.com), so overall a great deal!

The initial ordering process was very simple. My only issue was that the website said they were in stock, which was incorrect and I had to wait nearly 7 days for delivery. I usually think mobile phone insurances are a waste of money but with an iPhone I think they are probably worth it and mobiles.co.uk charge £7.99 a month, again far cheaper than the monthly costs at both Carphone Warehouse and O2. If you do purchase from here, remember to cancel the Gadget support that they insist on bundling with every phone they sell as after the first free month they charge nearly £18 for 6 months usage.

The iPhone itself is a great phone. I find it a little difficult to hear people on the street as the volume controls are poor but apart from that it's by far the best phone I've ever had!

Mobiles.co.uk offer excellent value and a reasonable service that has improved greatly over the past 18 months. My previous contract was taken out with these guys and at that stage customer service was non-existent. Today, when I had a cashback query, they answered the phone within 5 minutes. Ignore the ancient reviews - they have come on leaps and bounds since then!

• TheHairyGodmother published 20/10/2009