musicroom.com

Books, Movies & Music

Review of "musicroom.com"

published 16/07/2007 | paulhanton
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Easy to use, huge selection, cheap
Cons No 2nd hand buy and sell, puts local shops out of business?

"Musicroom.com, for musicians of all levels"

Now I happen to like browsing in music shops and looking through the pieces to see if I will be able to play them, or if they are beyond me. That being said, this site is fantastic, not only does it have hundreds of books of songs in different genres and instruements, it has a very neat facility where the majority of books can be 'browsed' for their contents. So for instance I can look at a book which has, say classical favourites, and see what there is before I buy.

I have been learning to play alto saxophone for a while and there is nowhere that i have found, either online, or in the high street that has the range of publications that this site has. And whats more they are dead cheap.

I think they could tidy up the ratings that say whether a pice is beginners, intermediate or advanced and maybe tie it in with grades, not all publications are rated.

Paying is pretty easy and they have always (so far) delivered by the due date, though the packaging is a bit wasteful and not very eco friendly.

I also think they should (like Amazon) have a facility to buy and sell second hand books, there are loads of stuff that I have bought that I really wont use again, and i swear, as long as I live I will never play 'jingle bells' again.

Cracking site, I buy something quite regularly, and it can become quite addictive.

• Digbycat published 07/09/2007
    I bet you do play Jingle Bells again, I hate it, but its one of those pieces Christmas comes and you can't avoid, especially if there are youngsters around.
  • Miskah published 17/07/2007
    Nicely written review. ♥Beth.
  • minhhon published 17/07/2007