myoffers.co.uk

published 12/04/2001 | draper
Member since : 03/01/2001
Satisfactory
Pro Get I points
Cons Sneaky way of getting you to sign up

"Another Scam"

I joined up to my offers through I points as each competition or questionairre I complete I get 1 I point which is quite good, there are all different catagories to enter the competitions ranging from Computers, House, Leisure, Health and Beauty etc. You just complete a small questionairre which is a multiple choice, it does not take long. The only thing is I have never won anything or has anybody I know, the only thing it seems to do is the competitions I enter I get lots of e mails of the site I entered the competition trying to get me to buy their services, so to me this is a sneaky way of getting you to give your information out to other company;s. They need to start giving out the actual prizes in question. Another thing is when I joined up they say if you complete a certain amount of questionaires you get a free gift I am still waiting for mine.

• stephenjwz published 15/04/2001
    Your op is ok, but the title is harsh. I have received ipoints and free gifts, but i never expected to actually win prizes.
  • cjkace published 12/04/2001
    It's not a scam. I receive i-points, have 'won' four mouse mats and 1 cap, and I know someone who actually won a prize. If you had read the terms and conditions you would know that the reason they offer the competition, is so that the relevant comapny can contact you and offer you products. While this does generate a lot of e-mails, I have received money off vouchers for use at Buy.com which is the only time I have ever shopped at the site. all companies that run competitions do the same, whether online or offline.
  • richardashdowne published 12/04/2001
    Sure the free gifts didn't materialise for a lot of people, me included, but I did get quite a lot of extra ipoints instead (well, 15 anyway) - annoying because I'd rather have had the freebies, but better than nothing. I wouldn't expect to win, but I've got quite a few free ipoints from this site, so I do go back. As for the e-mails and signing up and the like, I just delete them as I do for all junk e-mail - I never know whether myoffers is the source or now, and frankly don't care.