mysearchfunds.com

Internet Browsers

Review of "mysearchfunds.com"

published 05/05/2008 | Leighsa
Member since : 30/09/2006
Pro Very straight forward, reasonable revenue.
Cons None yet.

"A morally sound website"

I can't really remember how I came across this but I have been signed up with them since February. This is one of the few sites that I have come across that appears genuine, morally sound and pays reasonable revenue.

WHAT IS IT?
**************
It is a site that claims to pay you for every search that you carry out under their specific search funds tool bar - this would have to be downloaded from their site.

WHY DOES THIS EXIST?
***************************
Apparently, they are working with Ask.com, a new and developing search engine - similar to Google and Yahoo. Like all search engines ask.com receive advertising revenue and to attract more people to search with them (i.e pull customers away from google and yahoo) they have decided to hand over a percentage of their revenue and offer it to the searchers.

They have also recently been working to incorporate Google and yahoo with it, so perhaps they've decided to share some of their money too...

HOW DOES IT WORK?
*************************
All you have to do is sign up with My Search Funds and download their toolbar. The instruction are very easy to follow and carry out. Once you have this tool bar, just search the usual way you would when you are after something. It is usually between 2p-3p per search, although I have had them calculate only 1p for some of my searches.

HOW DO THEY PAY?
***********************
They pay via Paypal or Bank transfer, and I think someone mentioned that they pay through cheques as well - Paypal would probably be a safer method for the time being. As with all sites like these I am always wary of giving my personal details until I know them thoroughly enough, afterall, there is never such thing as free money for no effort.

There needs to be a minimum of £20 accrued before any funds are paid out and in any case this is 45 days after the month end. So, foR example, if you build up £20 by the end of March, it will not be paid until around May 15th. Occasionally, if they're in a good mood they will decided to slash the minimum amount and still pay - because of the easter in march they decided to pay for account with a minimum of £10.

I have yet to be paid with them as I have only just reached the minimum, so hopefully will see some cash in the middle of May (will update the review to let you all know whether they do really pay...).

ANYTHING ELSE I NEED TO KNOW?
*****************************************
They do track all of your searches and they do say to only do genuine searches. Apparently, they have devices to check this and some have had their accounts suspended for abnormally high numbers of searches without valid reasons. If you start breaking rules, I guess they just suspend your account.

Worth a try to get some extra pocket money.