mysearchfunds.com

Internet Browsers

Review of "mysearchfunds.com"

published 02/11/2008 | daylehall
Member since : 02/07/2004
Happy New Year everyone :-)
Pro You get paid for doing what you already do
Cons Nothing

"The New Google"

I am always looking for ways to make a little bit of extra money and although you will never get rich using this website, I think it's an excellent idea, getting paid for searching the internet the way you already do!

The site is now called www.myhpf.co.uk as appose to www.mysearchfunds.com. This website gives you between 1-2 pence per search you conduct through the website. Like I already mentioned, with that amount of money, you are never going to get rich but the pennies really do add up and you are literally being paid for something you would already be doing.

This website myhpf is basically a search engine that uses Yahoo to generate the results for each of your searches. It works in exactly the same way as other search engines so for example, if you are looking for dog training classes in Kent then simply type in dog training classes in Kent into the search box and the site will provide you with a list of links that you can then click onto for the information you require.

This site is free to join, to do so, all you have to entre is your name and an email address and a password is sent to the email address you registered with. Once you have logged in for the first time, you are able to change your password to something that is easier for you to remember.

Once you are signed up to the website you can choose to either set myhpf as your homepage or add a search bar to your current homepage. I chose the latter option and have found this to be really useful as the search box is always on my computer and I don't have to sign in to the website every time I want to make a search. In order to add the search bar to your current homepage, you just follow the step by step instructions that are listed on the website (seriously, it's that easy even I managed it!).

As a search engine, I have found the results to be very good and I have pretty much always found exactly what I have been looking for. One downside is that if you type something incorrectly, it will just come back with 'no results' rather than suggesting the correct spelling like Google does. However, when this happens, I just double check my spelling and correct it so this isn't a major problem.

As I already mentioned, you earn roughly 2p per search and the site is updated every night, overnight so you can monitor your earnings day by day. You can withdraw money when your balance reaches £20 and payment is made 30 to 45 days after you have requested it. You can earn extra money by inviting other people to use the site. If they sign up using your link they then become linked to your profile and you are able to see exactly how many searches they have done and how much money you get from them.

The site is well run and the owners are constantly sending out emails to let members know that payments have gone through or that payments are delayed. I have been using this site for around 2 months now and I have only gone to use the site once and found that it had crashed so on the whole, the site is extremely reliable.

As with most things nowadays, there are certain rules with this website. You will only be paid for valid searches for example, you can't just keep searching for the same thing over and over, you will only be paid for it once. I am unsure if there is a limit to how many searches one member can make in a day but I have made 28 at the most and my account was credited for each of them.

In summary, I think the site is excellent. I really like the idea that I am getting paid to do something that I have been doing for years (and not getting paid for it). The best thing about this site is that you don't have to go out of your way to use it or remember to actually do anything, you just carry on using your computer like you always have and you get paid for it!

• Gladiator007 published 06/03/2009
    nicely written..:)
  • kevin121 published 28/12/2008
    I must try this out, sounds good!
  • tallulahbang published 13/12/2008
    Sounds almost too good to be true. xx