ocado.com

Food, Drinks & Groceries

Review of "ocado.com"

published 18/07/2009 | MrsStrode
Member since : 18/07/2009
Pro On time, segregated shopping, no substitutions
Cons Can be a little expensive

"Ocado: There is no substitute"

As a non-driver living in a city centre, I am somewhat compromised in terms of where I can go to do a 'big shop'. The limited stock in Express and Local branches of supermarkets, coupled with the tiny checkouts means that contemplating buying more than 2 days groceries is likely to force me in the direction of Pizza Hut.

Cue the online supermarket experience. I have tried them all - Asda, Tesco, Sainsbury's - you name it, I've had one of their wagons pull up on my drive (albeit on numerous occasions, not when I was expecting them to...). But I'm not here to critique them all, but merely to extol the virtues of Ocado.

Where can I start? Firstly, their website is very easy to follow and there is always ample choice of delivery days and times. One of the most fantastic things about Ocado is that you know before you order, if the product you want is out of stock. There is nothing worse than ordering a chicken to either find it has been substituted by a leg of pork (that really happened to me) or not delivered at all. With Ocado, I can order my shopping on the day I am preparing for a dinner party, and be confident that rice-less risotto won't be on the menu.

Ocado is also the only company I have shopped with who consistently delivers on time. Their drivers are professional and courteous, and the shopping is split into colour-coded bags indicating cupboard, fridge and freezer items. And of course Waitrose quality is well-reknowned, so I am unable to fault the groceries. Although some items are on the expensive side, I have not found my weekly shop to cost anymore than Sainsbury's.

All in all, if you have never shopped for groceries online before, or have been disappointed by other supermarket deliveries, I recommend you try Ocado - you will not regret it!