octopustravel.com

Pro Cheap, easy, superb accommodation
Cons Possibly lacking in detail
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Octopus made my holiday!"

GENERAL

Octopus covers hotels and sightseeing tours for various countries around Europe. Their website is available in numerous different languages and results are available in various currencies as well. Still relatively unknown, Octopus still has the wide range of hotels available. However, some details may be missing (pictures etc), but if you’re buying a holiday online, research of this sort is easy.

MY EXPERIENCE

Last November 2002, my boyfriend and I decided to take a short break away, and finally decided on Portugal. Having shopped around for last minute deals, I couldn’t find a package holiday that suited us, so opted for buying flights and hotel separately.

Octopus.co.uk had a wide range of hotels, at prices I couldn’t believe. We stayed in a 4 star hotel in Faro, for around £80 for four nights per person, including breakfast.

The website was easy to use, payment processed easily, and as no confirmation is sent through the post, we printed out the email, expecting to use it as ‘evidence’. However, once we arrived at the hotel, Octopus had ensured we were expected and we also had a superb room, especially as we paid about a fifth of the normal price!

From looking around on the tours that were in Portugal, Octopus’ rates were highly competitive, yet still held with reputable hotels and firms in order to ensure you get value for money, not just a cheap experience.

• Pictoria published 12/12/2003
    Might look at these for my next trip.. I just love to travel to different places. Thanks for telling us about Octipus... Lynn-Marie
  • lazza123 published 11/12/2003
    A good op, but a bit more about navigatng the site would be useful. Larry
  • magicloudz published 11/12/2003
    More about the site would be helpful:) -Jon