pcspecialist.co.uk

Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"A happy customer"

I am always sceptical of purchasing goods from the internet when I have never heard of the company.

Having owned numerous computers, I already had a monitor, operating system and peripherals so didn't want to be weighed downed by having to buy off the shelf with all of these included in the price. Also, whilst I have previously built my own computer in the past, I didn't want to go through the hassle of sourcing all the individual bits and pieces and put it all together. So, instead I searched the web and eventually came across PCSpecialist.

I read numerous reviews and decided that this was going to be a straightforward experience. I wasn't wrong.

I spent several weeks playing around with various builds within my budget, and once my bonus came through, I finally placed my order. From that point on, I knew everything that was happening with my machine. I was informed when it had gone into each stage and everything moved along smoothly.

When I received my computer (which was well packed), the first think I did was open up the case. I had numerous extras that I needed to install.

The first problem I had was that the cabling seemed quite tight making it fairly difficult to install anything. Of my 2 DVD Burners, I was only able to get one in (and I needed to cut cable ties to get it in) since the cable from the front USB port ran straight across the drive bays. I was only able to move it enough to get one device in.

I also wanted to install my own extra HDD's. Here, I was very surprised to find that the one drive I had ordered with the machine did seem to be thrown in. I had to remove the panel from the other side of the case to remove the screws (noticing how the bay had been bent to seemingly force the drive in) and seat it properly myself.

I was able to get 2 of my own drives into the case, but again, due to the cable positions, I was unable to get anything else in (Not that I really need the extra drive space!)

Other than the apparent lack of care when installing the HDD, it would appear that everything else has been put together very well. I would probably say that the cable problems is more a design flaw in the case rather than anything else.

I am very happy with my purchase and I would have no second thoughts about buying from here again.

• Classicc published 01/09/2016
    Spam
  • cr01 published 25/10/2015
    NH from me
  • sharper_fin published 23/02/2015
    Any company that offers its customers "incentives" to write reviews will always get a "not helpful" from me