pcspecialist.co.uk

Computers & Electronics

Review of "pcspecialist.co.uk"

published 04/05/2012 | 29percent
Member since : 04/05/2012
Pro Easy to use website and the product is very good.
Cons Some bits feel a bit cheap conidering the prices you pay.
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"PC Specialists Laptop."

With my old HP laptop becoming a bit run down and in a sorry state, a new laptop was being looked for. A friend recommended PC Specialists as they had had a couple of computers off them and that the service and quality was really good.

I was looking for something that was a lot more than my old laptop had plus perhaps a bit more in terms of processing power and graphics as I wanted to future proof myself.

I found the website easy to use and navigate around and adjusting the spec of the laptop was really simple. Having the price always visible and have it update when you selected your preferred components was good as I was able to select what I wanted and keep within my budget. I set my spec to match a laptop from a mainstream manufacturer as best as possible. The one I was looking at came in at over £1,300 but the one from PC Specialists ended up at under 4 figures! With that in mind, I upped my spec as I was able to get more for the same money!

Placing the order was easy and quick and there is the ability ti see where your order is in the system and what's happening with it. There's also e-mails updates when it passes through each stage. Dispatch and delivery was very quick, with DPD delivering bang on time.

The laptop is very good, it feels robust and well put together. Time will tell how well it'll hold up as it'll get a lot of use and I hope for it to last around 4-5 years. If I'm to have any criticisms, then they do lie with the plastic chassis and sound. While it is well built, some of the plastics do feel a bit scratchy and perhaps cheap. The same goes for the speakers, the audio is a rather tinny and again sounds cheap.

All in all, a good product from a good company! Would recommend.