pcspecialist.co.uk

Computers & Electronics

Review of "pcspecialist.co.uk"

published 10/05/2012 | barryd
Member since : 10/05/2012
Pro Ability to build to own specification but also have that choice checked for compatability
Cons Inability to touch / experience product
Layout & Design
Navigation
Site content & information
Range of services/products
Prices

"'Off the peg' or customise?"

I am a Videographer i.e. I film events and weddings etc. To edit film professionaly and successfully a powerful PC or Mac is needed. After I realised my editing was being vastly slowed because of my PC's lack of power, I decided a new one was required. After trailing around retail outlets, suggested web sites etc., I stumbled across the PC Specialist site and soon realised I had no reason to look anymore. I was taken back with how easy it was to build a PC that entirely suited my requirements. Having limited technical knowledge the drop-down information against each component was invaluable, as was the price information that by automatically totaling as my choices were made, enabled me to easily choose the best components and easily keep within my budget. Ordering was a very simple process but best of all was being regularly informed or easily checking myself on the web site, the progress of my new PC as it went through the various stages of build and testing. No twidling fingers wondering what has happened since the order was placed. When the PC was due I was informed in plenty of time, was able to track the delivery until its arrival. The support after was just as impressive. As I said earlier I am not the most technically minded and when I found that images were not visible on the monitor (also ordered) I rang the tech support thinking that I would have to go through a maze to get response, or be put at the back of an endless quue, but far from it. I spoke to someone within 5 minutes who patiently advised me that a cable I had connected wasn't necessary and hey-presto everything was fine. I could go on but my experience with PC Specialist has been first class and I would reccommend the company to anyone.

• mozzie76 published 10/05/2012