priceline.co.uk

Review of "priceline.co.uk"

published 06/03/2001 | hooville
Member since : 09/01/2001
Pro Fast, efficient, great value
Cons Committed to buying once you input your details
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Excellent idea, well executed"

I was initially pretty apprehensive about Priceline. I was used to buying airline tickets over the web, but always had the option to surf until I found the best deal and then could make absolutely sure that the tickets were what I was looking for before committing to them. So when I heard about Priceline and the fact that I would need to input all of my credit card details and commit to buying the tickets before even knowing the route or the times, I wasn't so sure.

Eventually, after combing the web and bucket travel agents for a cheap flight to Boston during Easter, I had exhausted all possibility and tried Priceline. I was amazed! It was so simple- very straightforward and very honest. I bid over 20% of the regular fare and within 10 minutes I received word back to say that my price had been excepted and that I would be travelling on the exact days that I wanted with no stopovers. Even better, I was flying with British Airways, an airline I felt I could trust- not some dodgy here today, gone tomorrow airlines and I didn't have to stop over in Timbuktu either.

It was a great value and service and I will definitely use them again.