priceline.co.uk

Review of "priceline.co.uk"

published 15/05/2001 | Sarajc
Member since : 25/04/2001
Pro Great prices
Cons Can't specify what time you fly
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Good if you're flexible..."

I've used Priceline a couple of times before and was very happy with the service. But my latest experience with them took a bit of shine off of their so-called halo (if that's the right expression). I recently booked tickets to Barcelona for the last Bank Holiday weekend. Since you can't specify what time you fly, I decided to say I would fly out on the Saturday and return on the Monday. Based on my past experience, Priceline have been very good about giving you the longest time at your destination (ie they'll fly you out in the morning and ensure that your return flight is in the evening). This time however, they gave me tickets leaving at 6pm on Saturday -arriving at 10pm in Spain. And return flight tickets leaving at 8am on Monday. Leaving me with little more than 24 hours in the city for the price of £81.

I was annoyed by this. Sure it was cheap, but what is really the point if you get shafted in the amount of time that you spend there? I called customer service and they were unable to help me- convinced me that I read their terms and conditions and could make no changes.

Moral of the story? By all means, give Priceline a try- UNLESS you are planning to book a short weekend during a busy time like Bank Holiday weekend.

• Moonrising published 26/06/2004
    Thanks for highlighting one of the pitfalls! I'm looking for folks who've booked hotels through them though!
  • Destiny2001 published 15/05/2001
    I've actually had a different experience. Over the 4 day bank holiday a few weeks ago, I booked 2 tickets for my parents a couple of days before the Friday. They left Friday morning and got a ticket back Monday afternoon. Ok, do you dont get to choose the times, but spending a few hours less at your destination for such discounted tickets is definately worth it I think.