priceline.co.uk

Online Hotel Booking

Review of "priceline.co.uk"

published 16/04/2002 | fhayner
Member since : 16/04/2002
Pro Excellent prices, needs web expertise of small furry animal
Cons Requires price research, a little travel flexibility helps
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Even better than before"

Extremely easy to use and the updated site is better still.

I confess that I really love this site. What a rush when you bid some outrageously low amount and it is accepted by an airline!

I used www.priceline.co.uk last year. £7 a day car rental in Spain, flights costing £62.00, high season, (although we did change in Madrid)!

My handy hints are research your prices online and make a couple of calls to travel agents. Start your bidding at least 25pct lower. To increase an original bid you must change another aspect of travel. Simply submit a completely NEW bid.

Again I just got tickets to Milwaukee for £300 (unreal bargain for May travel).

I found a fault on their site and e-mailed them. Their US programmer called me an hour later to go through the problem and they fixed it. Amazing service as most sites ignore these reports.

Do not be put off by submitting a price into the blue with your credit card details as long as you have done your homework you will be fine.

There are the drawbacks mentioned written in previous opinions:
1 cannot change or cancel AT ALL
2 no frequent flyer miles qualification
3 NO chance of upgrade at all

• Moonrising published 26/06/2004
    Good info, though I'm looking for something on booking hotels through them. You ever done that?
  • tange published 17/04/2002
    Hello and welcome. A good first op (many are really awful!) but just needs a little more organisation and detail to warrant a VH. If you edit it let me know (leave a message in my gusetbook) and I will happily come back and re-rate. :)
  • TallTone published 17/04/2002
    Hi Fiona, welcome to Ciao. There is plenty of good information in your first piece here but it is a little disjointed. If yours was the first opinion I'd ever read on priceline.co.uk and I'd never heard of it before, I'd be a little confused. I know this because it's true! Something rings a bell about those daft adverts where the bloke falls out of the overhead locker and the luggage carousel though. Anyway, I ramble. Although not essential, it's generally a good idea to give at least a sentence or two explaining the product or service. Let me know if you update your work and I'll take another look - Regards, TT.