Home > Ciao Café > Members' Picks > reveals yourself in 100 questions... > Reviews

dvdsprks2 4

dvdsprks2

About me: Been unable to read or write anything for some considerable time because of caring, etc, Also personal problems with a neighbour. Resolved in my favour so looking forward to getting back on here.

Member since:15.01.2003

Is this really me and in 100 questions?

26.10.2007 (03.11.2007)

Advantages:
You get to know about me

Disadvantages:
You get to know about me

Did you enjoy it?

Story

Characters / PerformancesOutstanding

Special EffectsStandard

SoundtrackOutstanding

How does it compare to similar films?Not applicable

How does it compare to others by the same director?Not applicable

Value for MoneyGood

What format are you reviewing?DVD

86 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  2. ilusvm
  3. mizz_behaves
  1. marcellep2
  2. rosierozi

This is my thirteenth review, having not being able to complete any for some time I thought I'd do any easier one. It feels a little strange revealing myself in 100 questions………. I hope you enjoy finding out more about me.

1 - First Names:
David

2 - Pseudo(s)?
Well I have a number of these though they are not always used. My sister calls me Sparky as do a few of my friends, although when I was at work and not working for myself, the jocular lads in my office decided to call me Break dancer, on account of the fact that I suffer from Epilepsy, very droll, but I could see the funny side, that was back in the days before this Political Correctness reared it's ugly head, after all it was only words. However my wife and daughter call me Little Green Man - I know, god knows why and I don't care to speculate on the reasons why, I'm 5' 8" tall so not little and Green? They also call me Monkey boy. Not going to speculate on that one either. I didn't realize I had so many.

3 - Girl or boy?
I love females so there is no way I'm a girl. In fact I don't see what girls see in boys so I guess that proves a point.

4 - Towns? (Birthplace and living town)
I was born in the East End of London, Cockney land, oh but look at it now. Very proud I am to come from there too. These days, it looks a bit to far east of London now. But go there to see my mum who still lives near the Roman Road and Victoria Park. I was born in St Andrews Hospital, Bromley by Bow and lived just of the Roman Road for the first twelve years of my life. Then I lived just off the Grove Road near Mile End until I was almost twenty one. I got married and lived in Walthamstow until 1991 which is when I moved to my present address,
I now live near Chadwell Heath, Romford, Essex well that is in my address but it is a London Borough.

5 - Size?
Size I wondered what this one meant, won't go along the same lines that most of the blokes I've read have, I maybe Cockney but not coarse, ladies read these reviews too. So I take size to mean height -as I said earlier 5 feet 8 inches tall, not started shrinking yet. You don't really want to know my exact waist and chest. I do take a 15½ in a shirt and wear 34 inch trousers/jeans and medium tops with a size 8 shoe. So not too bad, well I think so anyway.

6 - Age?
Born in 1954 so currently as this is 2007, 53 years old going on 17 well that's as old as I feel anyway in my outlook on life.

7 - Colour of hair?
What's left of it is light brown, since it started saying goodbye to me it is kept fairly short although I don't shave my head yet. That would look too weird.

8 - Colour of the eyes?
Now I've just asked the two people closest to me what colour my eyes are my daughter who is an artist told me green/brown and my wife said they were grey. I think I will go with the artist as she knows her colours. So the colour of my eyes are Green/Brown.

9 - Employment / current occupation?
I have just completed my 20th year in Partnership in our own Quantity Surveying practice, it's been tough sometimes but at least we only have to answer to each other and don't have a Boss.

10- Astrological and Chinese sign:
My astrological sign is Tauras being born in early May and my Chinese sign is the Horse. I used to read the horoscope until I realized how many other people they applied to. The time I've read I will be coming into money or there is a new love in my life…………

11 - I like/love?
a) Cheesy, I know but first on my list is my family, who have been great over the years. Although we have our differences, doesn't everybody, I wouldn't change them, for the world.
b) Obviously my mum, Dad died in 1997 and was one of life's gentlemen and you don't meet too many of those during the course of your life.
c) Blues music, in fact any good music.
d) Eric Clapton and Jools Holland.
e) Driving when I was able to.
f) Canoeing has become a favourite since my trip into the wilderness of Sweden in 2006.
g) Going to music concerts especially the Royal Albert Hall
h) Chinese Food any good food.
i) Ciao as it has grown on me, it's so addictive.

12 - I don't like?
a) Dishonesty or unfairness to others
b) Eggs, boiled, fried or scrambled but will eat them in a Quiche, cake or Zambaglione.
c) False people, I prefer to be honest even it means losing a friend.
d) Political Correctness, in my opinion, this has changed all of our lives for the worse.
e) People labelling plain old dislike or prejudice, Racism, because Racism is in everybody and the word has been totally misused. Read a dictionary before using the word, an older one not one that has been change to fit the word how it is being used today.
f) People swearing out loud on trains or the like, especially in front of ladies and young children. Ok, I swear sometimes but never in that situation or anything like it. It shows a total lack of respect for all around.
g) Our justice system being abused. For any faults it has it is still one of the best in the world. I'd rather be on trial here than anywhere else in the world, but how long will that last.
h) The English way of life being steadily eroded. Nobody seems proud of or is wary of being English today. Yet all other cultures are embraced. Recently it was reported in a TV programme that England lost the Rugby World Cup Final and in the next breath England was forgotten and they were British again. I wonder if this would have happened if the team in England's place were Irish, Scottish or Welsh, I am certain that the relevant Country would have been spoken about throughout the report, why not England?. I am just at a loss why we aren't more proud of our Country.
i) People not buying a POPPY on the 11th November every year to honour our soldiers and if I forget, I still buy one or put my money in the right box. This used to be a big thing and I can remember everybody being proud to wear one. We used to get them in school. Lest we forget whatever you think of war that these brave soldiers put their lives on the line to keep us and our loved ones free and living the way we do. If you don't buy one currently, do so this year, it's in a couple of weeks time.
j)The fact that Scotland now has its own Parliament as do Wales and England doesn't, it is full of Scotsman, apparently, I am not 100% on this, only Scotsmen can sit in the Scottish Parliament.

I may add more in this and the last section as I think of them.

Also, if I carried on with this question too much, it would be a review in itself.

13 - If you can meet one person of your choice, dead or alive, known or not, who would this be?
Hitler and it would to be why he was such a dictator and why he hated so much that he could systematically wipe out six million people, the majority being Jewish, and how he could live with himself. By the way I'm not Jewish, even though I have a Jewish forename.
I know it's one person but if I could meet another it would be Eric Morecambe, a man I only had to look at and he put a smile on my face, one of our greatest ever comedians, greatly missed, by me anyway.

14 - What do you like to do, generally, during the weekend???
Used to have a caravan by the sea, which we went to every Friday night till late Sunday. Since we gave that up basically nothing but work indoors or watch sport. I must change that around. We obviously go out if there is somewhere worth going.

15 - The town/country that you want to visit or even live in?
Would love to visit Hong Kong, Australia and New Zealand. I would also consider staying in Oz and New Zealand, nearly emigrated to Australia when I was 16. If I had the money I would move to a country house somewhere in Dorset and fish as much as possible.

16 - The first thing you do when you come back from school or work?
I Work from home so unless I've been on Site I just go downstairs to the living room and have a cup of tea. Not very exciting.

17 - Style of music or radio that you prefer?
Thanks to my Dad I was introduced to good music at a very early age, I was apparently putting records on the radiogram and singing along at eighteen months old.
The music was the Inkspots, Jerry Lee Lewis, Hoagy Carmichael, Ray Charles and all the great stars of the day. Including a long playing 78 RPM version of the Warsaw Concerto
My Dad introduced me to the Blues which I still love today the earliest I can remember is listening to Sporting Life Blues played by Brownie McGhee and Sonny Terry.
He also introduced me to Traditional Jazz, Louis Armstrong, Bix Beiderbecke I also found Jelly Roll Morton too.
I found Jools Holland and his music and was introduced to Joe Bonamassa an American Blues musician. A President of the Blues Foundation at 29.
So Jazz, Blues and Country I love but listen to all good music The Muse, The Fray and Maroon 5 are good bands who I listen to. There are too many to list.

How could I have left out the Eagles, Gary Moore, Peter Greens Fleetwood Mac, Genesis, Yes and Pink Floyd.

18 - The most beautiful song, which exists for you?
There are too many I love to have just one, but here are some:
1. Key to the Highway
2. Milkcow Calfs' Blues
3. Crossroads
4. How long Blues
5. Georgia on my mind
6. Hungry Country Girl
7. Dark Side of the Moon (the whole album)
My favourite, although I don't listen to it enough is Stardust written by Hoagy Carmichael. Have you ever loved a woman by Eric Clapton runs a close second.

19 - The singer or band that you prefer?
That's easy, Eric Clapton, he is my favourite but again there are many on my list.
Eric has been going since the sixties, I saw him in 1969 at a free concert in Hyde Park, he was in Blind Faith with Stevie Winwood, Rick Grech and Ginger Baker. I saw in a recent interview that Eric himself thinks he has got slower or worse depending how you look at it. You only have to see him in concert to know that his magic is still there.

20 - The reality TV show that you prefer?
I don't really, but if pushed I would say it's "I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here" I love to see them having a go at the trials.

21 - The advertising that you prefer?
None, sorry but advertising is so boring, especially the ones telling you to claim compensation, also the insurance and the girls at night asking you to text them what a total bore. Ok I relent, I do like clever adverts and funny ones.

22 - Are you single?
Since 1975, a married man.

23 - If no, are you happy?
As happy as most people after 32 years, we all change.

24 - if yes, are you happy?
As happy as most people after 32 years, we all change., sorry I stuttered.

25 - Have you ever known an unhappy love affair?
Aren't they all, the reason I don't get involved is they all end up unhappy as someone is bound to get hurt, it would be unhappy for me because of the deceit involved, also the wrong done to my wife and family.

26 - How many Harlequins' collection (books) do you have?
None. I don't even know what they are.

27 - Have you ever read "NOUS DEUX" (to make the bond with England, "Nous deux" is a tabloid)?
If I could speak French then I might but as I can't obviously no.

28 - The magazine that you never miss?
Don't read magazines, I used to get a PC magazine. But it got boring.

29 - Your bedside book?
I hate reading in bed, I will leave that one there.

30 - The novel of which you would have liked to be the author?
Catch 22 or the Lord of the Rings now there are some crazy minds.

31 - Your society game (or console) favourite?
I have to use whatever is in the house and buy games accordingly. Currently it is the Ninetendo Gamecube which I like, I was also bought a Ninetendo DS with the Brain Training game by Dr Kawashima, which I find helps with your mental sharpness especially in Mathematics, been using it almost every day since Christmas and it has helped. It also has Sudoku which I didn't like but now find interesting. The games on the gamecube I play are varied I like to get my frustrations out on the games so shooting games are a must.

32 - The dish, which you prefer?
I love good food, my wife and daughter are both good cooks, especially Spaghetti Bolognaise and almost all pork and fish dishes.
It has to be between a good piece of skate and chips or Boiled bacon and Pease Pudding.

33 - What do you buy when you go to the faire when you are hungry?
Candy Floss or popcorn can't be sure what's in the rest.

34 - Drink preferred?
In the Pub I will try all the Bitters I can (not all in one visit) Sometimes a Guinness, Cider or a combination of the two. Spirits either a good Brandy (Remy), Gin and Tonic or if I'm in the Mood Southern Comfort. Ouzo isn't far behind. Now I'm not a wine connoisseur and won't pretend to be but I like white wine not red it gives me a headache……..but Chablis is nice.

35 - Colour preferred?
I used to like Blue but any shade of Purple or violet is now my favourite.

36 - Fetish number?
Not sure of the requirements on this one but the number I have always liked is number 7 with 69 a close second sometimes taking over. Take what you will out of that. Weird question.

37 - The quotation, which you prefer?
It's one word not so much a quotation as an expression of feelings but I'm not writing it here. Can't really remember quotations but statements "Are you feeling lucky, Make my day".

38 - Film counterpart, which you prefer?
Clint Eastwood as the Man with no name in the dollar films, now that was a cowboy or Dirty Harry.

39 - Cult movies?
Alien in fact Aliens as well - Sigourney Weaver is excellent in both.
A Clockwork Orange - why they banned this for so long is beyond me when I saw it at the cinema I saw it as it was supposed to come over a film against violence
A fistful of dollars
Fight Club
Seven not sure if this a cult but the film is excellent
Bladrunner
Monthy Pythons: Life Of Brian is this a comedy?

40 - Preferred series?
UK: Only Fools and Horses
USA: Alias - I like Jennifer Garner, she's a good actress especially in these episodes.
Australia - Kath and Kim, If you haven't seen it search it out.

41 - Your more beautiful quality?
I would like to say my honesty but that's for others to judge, loyalty must be there, definitely not looks.

42 - Your worst defect?
Honesty again I suppose. I say it like I see it. Please or offend.

43 - Your worst nightmare?
Losing my hearing so that I couldn't listen to my music.

44- The worst shame of your life?
Can't say that there is anything I'm ashamed of that I've done, not yet anyway.

45 - The most beautiful thing, which one made for you by love?
The oil painting of a Tiger that my daughter painted for my 50th birthday.

46 - The thing of which you are proudest?
My daughter.

47 - A fairy lends his magic wand to you for a wish: what you make?
To get the winning ticket to the lottery and have enough cash to enjoy my life. It's taking too long earning that kind of money on Ciao.

48 - The first thing you do in the morning?
When my wife wakes me up, I pull the covers back over me. I hate getting up so early. No I get out of bed, can't do too much else to get ready otherwise.

49 - What you think when you are not able to fall asleep the evening?
Doesn't apply I don't have that problem.

50 - What will you bring with you on a desert island?? (5 max)?
A box of solar powered MP3 players loaded with all my music, in case one goes wrong.
A big knife.
A complete set of fishing equipment.
A hammock, I like to be comfortable.
A dinghy so I can sail round the island and fish from the dinghy.

51 - If you have to buy a handbook to survive, that would be which?
"Ray Mears World of Survival" - Ray Mears.

52 - Your bedroom take fire (or is flooded, it depends of the place), what do you rescue at first?
The people in it, me and my wife the rest are replaceable.

53 - Quelle(s) peluche(s) partagent ton lit?
The last time I had a Teddy Bear was when I was about seven, but I now have the Typhoo Chimp on my desk and Tipper the Tiger from the Puffkins Collection, bought by my daughter, on my sideboard. No I don't take it to bed.

54 - What do you have on the wall of your bedroom???
The headboard, it's screwed to the wall otherwise a set of fitted wardrobes.

55 - Pets?
We used to have two cats but one died of diabetes after we had been injecting him twice a day for about 18 months and the other just lost weightt until we had to say goodbye.

56 - Do you get on well with your parents?
Of course with Mum but a bit hard as Dad's not around anymore but did do when he was.

57 - With your brother and sister?
Sister………………. when I have to, I don't see her much, otherwise I wouldn't.

58 - Which is the cartoon which you preferred as a child?
Bugs Bunny.

59 - And now?
Bugs Bunny, I'm still a child at heart and Bugs was always the best and always will be.

60 - Which is the job that you dreamed to have as a child?
An Architect, God how glad am I that I didn't become one.

61 - Why the lady is big of her belly?
What sort of question is that, I can only say the same reason that the man is. Unless of course you mean she is pregnant.

62 - Tell us your more beautiful memory of childhood
My childhood is mostly forgotten as I got Epilepsy and drugs I take etc. seem to have made me forget a good part of it. But I will always remember going to work with my Dad during the holidays, I was treated well by all the people we met. Dad was a mobile compressor driver for William Press and so we went all over to different jobs. Quite an eye opener. Also being taken every weekend to Thorpe Bay to the Beach to get us out of London so we had some fresh air and a change of scene.

63 - Were you already scandalmonger (to say evil of people behind their back)?
Don't think so although I think that most people get caught up in this at one time or another, if I have anything to say it is usually to the persons face that way you know what their reaction is and can act accordingly.

64 - You have the possibility of saying your four truths to the person whom you hate more in the world, which you would say to him?
Hate is too strong an emotion, I don't really hate anybody.

65 - The insult, which you say more?
Can't remember that one don't really insult often but as soon as I do it again I will edit this.

66 - The word or expression, which too often returns in your language?
"No", I dislike that word, although hate could be used on that one.

67- Do you speak another language than English?
I do try French, or the language of the Country I'm visiting if at all possible but no fluent language.

68 - Have you already gone in a foreign country?
Lots, the first being when I was twelve and that was France, then Germany, Switzerland, Lichtenstein, Belgium, Austria, France again, Majorca three times, the old Yugoslavia, Crete twice, Tunisia, Zakyinthos, Cyprus and Sweden.

69 - The area (or the place) of England, which you do prefer?
Maldon in Essex, The river Blackwater, I have spent many happy days there doing many things.

70 - You have the possibility of making the farm celebrity, do it you? So yes which activity would prefer you to make?
Handyman you can do almost anything then. If not I'd like to milk the cows.

71 - If one day you become hyper famous, in which field you famous you?
Tempted to say music but that is too obvious, so I will say survival it looks fun and think of all those activities while learning too.

72 - What you would you buy if you won the lottery?
Totally selfish I would buy a house in the country with as much land around it as I could either afford or manage and then I wouldn't disturb anybody and I wouldn't be disturbed either. I'm finding these days that there is too much intrusion into our lives by others who don't seem to care. Therefore the lottery money would solve that problem and make my life a lot better. I would also look after my immediate family.

73 - Where and how do you see you in 2010? In 2040?
By 2010 Still trying to either finish doing up my house or have sold it and moved to pastures green.
By 2040 I'd be 86 I'd love to make that and still be active with all of my faculties. If I do I hope that I would be enjoying life as it seems it's a struggle to finally get some money behind you in this life and when you do get some people seem too old to enjoy it. That's life though, totally unfair.

74 - One makes it possible to you to use a "Stargate" (cf Stargate)
I think I would have emigrated to Australia when I was sixteen oh no that's a time machine, Ok this may sound soppy but I'd go back and spend what time I could with my Dad as there is always something you'd wish you had done while they were still with us.

75 - The Earth is destroyed. You have time to flee, where you go?
The nearest Habitable planet. Hopefully one that doesn't have all my dislikes in question 12 and start again. Of course I'd have to find a lake to live beside.

76 - The Earth will be destroyed. You do not have time to flee. Which is the last thing, which you make?
A cup of tea, that's about 3 minutes, no, what else is it that takes that long.

77 - How many children do you want?
Had them all but would have liked one more which would have made three.

78 - What would you call them?
The ones that I have would be too embarrassed and never forgive me if I named them on here and if I got the third and it was a boy I'd name him Frederick after my Dad, my wife's Dad and my Brother in Law all sadly not with us anymore but very much missed.

79 - With which resemble you?
Well I've been told I look like my Dad and my daughter was supposed to be the spitting image too, poor girl.

80 - If you can change a part of your body, which one do you choose?
I would want the six pack that I had in my swimming days, yes we had them back there to and I have a photograph to prove it.
That would be enough for me, I've got used to not having shoulder length hair now.

81 - You dye hair yourself. Which colour do you choose?
Not enough hair to dye and I couldn't get into all that fuss it used to be bad enough getting a haircut.

82 - If you can have a tattoo, what?? And Where??
I've never had the urge for a tattoo not got the body for it I suppose, but we were always impressed as my Grandad had a fully rigged Galleon tattooed on his chest. I suppose if I had any it would be a band around my upper arm.

83 - Are you beginning, intermediary or expert when it acts of Internet?
I would say intermediary. There is always something more to learn.

84 - What is there on your mouse mat?
Homer Simpson, but where it's gone I don't know, probably back down it's hole.

85 - Which is your bottom of screen on your ordi?
What's an ordi? I think that must have got deleted on a previous questionnaire.

86 - What can we find under your bed (with share the breeding of sheep) ?
Fluff, it's a Divan.

87 - How many times a week do you come on Internet? How many hours?
Everyday and the internet is on all day, less so on the weekend but I do dable.

88 - What do you think about the breedings virtual on Internet? (Like kochonland, dadavalley,...) ? Are you registering?
Now you've lost me , can't even be bothered to Google that.

89 - What was your resolution on the new year?
Don't have resolutions as they always get broken I just try to be better than I was the previous year. Usually works in some way.

90 - Do you do it ?
Of course.

91 - The best gift that somebody offers to you?
Nothing material as I can buy those myself, I would have the continued friendship or whatever of the people giving me the present and that is enough for me. Always have trouble at Christmas, etc as there is nothing I want. I always have to think of something though.

92 - The worst gift that somebody offers to you?
See above. Not getting the friendship or whatever.

93 - Somebody offer to you a house. You choose an igloo, an Indian tipi, an African box, the same house as your parents, a farm?
A farm that's easy, as long as it comes with plenty of land, I could then find a spot for an artificial igloo, put up an Indian teepee and build a house like my parents.

94 - kilos to be taken?
If I get back down to my ideal weight I'll be able to answer that, but until then a sensible diet, otherwise you have too many to lose.

95 - kilos to lose?
About five.

96 - The best teacher do you have?
Everybody around me as everybody has something useful to teach only most of them don't ever become aware of it, now that is deep.

97 - The worst teacher do you have?
Don't have one, anyway who would keep one to know.

98 - Dedication this questionnaire with somebody?
I don't dislike anybody that much.

99 - What do you think of this questionnaire?
I won't say rubbish as it got me thinking in certain areas, I'll settle for interesting.

100 - Which message of advice you would give?
If you're going to do this questionnaire have a good drink before you start the words will flow faster and it won't take hours. Or simply don't bother.