rightmove.co.uk

Review of "rightmove.co.uk"

published 24/09/2005 | motodoughnut
Member since : 19/05/2005
I am back! :0)
Pro Loads of inormation and easy to use
Cons not one!!!

"DEFINATELY THE RIGHTMOVE!"

I first used this website almost two years ago when my husband and myself were looking to buy our first house, now we are looking to move and are using rightmove.co.uk again as it was so helpful the first time around.

FINDING THE RIGHT HOUSE

When you first go to Rightmove.co.uk you have several options at the top of the screen, these include renting, buying, and estate agents.

If you click on buying it then comes up with a box, which asks you where you would like to search for properties, you can enter either a postcode or a town/city name, when you have entered this information you are then taken to another screen with a selection of questions for you to answer, in order to only show you properties that are of interest to you, all of the answers are in drop down menus, you can answer as many or as few of these questions as you like. These questions include:

1. How any miles around the town/postcode would you like to search? (Answers include, this area only, ½ mile around, 1 mile around, 2miles around etc..)

2. Minimum number of bedrooms? (Answers go from 1 upwards)

3. What type of home are you looking for? (Answers include, no preference, house, flat, bungalow etc..)

4. Minimum price? (Gives you a long list of prices)

5. Maximum Price? (Gives you a ling list of prices)

6. New or resale home? (Answers include, New, resale, and both)

5. Highest or lowest price first? (Answers are Highest or lowest)

As I said before you do not need to answer all of these questions if you do not want to, but it will narrow down the search if you do.

When you have answered these questions you are then taken to a list of properties that meet your criteria; each property will have a photo, the price, the name of the estate agent selling it and a brief description of the property.

FINDING THE INFORMATION YOU NEED

When you find a property that you wish to know more about you can click on it, this will bring up a more detailed description. Different estate agents supply different information, some just give basing details and some give you a detailed description extra photos and dimensions, some agents will even put links to brochures and maps on there for you.

Also in this screen on the left hand side it will say the estate agent details including the address and the telephone number so that you can arrange a viewing.

COMPARING PROPERTIES

You can set up a free account on Rightmove.co.uk, on the home page there will be a link saying 'Register' click on that link and they will ask for a few details, your name, etc… When you have registered you can save properties in your account so that all your favourite properties are in one place and they are easy to compare.

THE VERDICT

I love this website; I never use any other website when I am looking for houses as most estate agents seem to use Rightmove.co.uk.

The website itself is very well laid out; it is clear and very easy to use and gives you an awful lot of information. A definite 5 stars for Rightmove.co.uk!

• Amazingwoo published 28/10/2005
    I actually found the house that me and the Boyf bought on this website so I think it's fab! It's also good to check out the interiors of houses in the same area when it comes to selling so you know what the competitions like!
  • AnitaM published 25/09/2005
    I use this website when I want to have a nosy at the prices of houses that go up for sale in my area!
  • wiggy012 published 25/09/2005