jackyann5... 5

jackyann53

Member since:06.10.2006

Rubbersole have soul!

25.07.2007

Advantages:
Site simple to navigate  -  service second to none !

Disadvantages:
So many great shoes it's hard to choose !

57 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. justathought
  2. RED_WINE
  3. k8_lloyd
  1. JOE.B
  2. rojm
  3. Zmugzy

**Why did I visit this site?**

I first found this website after I spotted some of the children at school wearing these rather weird jelly type, clog shaped shoes called Crocs and reporting that they were really comfortable. I made one or two enquiries and discovered that quite a large amount of adults were wearing them, particularly hospital staff, the ones I heard from declaring that they could wear these shoes on the longest shift and still have happy feet at the end of it. Having rather hard to please feet I decided it might be worth investigating further and popped Crocs into Ask.com and came up with, amongst other sites, Rubbersole.co.uk.

**What do they sell?**

Well, firstly obviously they sell Crocs shoes – not the cheap look alike versions that are quite readily available now, but the real things. From a rather natty menu on the side of the screen it’s possible to see all the brands of shoes that this site currently stock. If you hover your cursor over each brand heading, a subheading menu pops up where you can choose to view all items in that brand or view by type.

They also sell Carris flip flops, Reef flip flops, Gurkees sandals, Vans trainers, Converse trainers, Dunlop trainers, Hunters boots, Pare Gabia espadrilles, Cubanas flip flops, Fitflop flip flops, Ugg boots (will be in stock for the winter) and Birkenstock sandals.

Besides these well known makes there is also a section headed ‘Custom’ where it’s possible for wholesale customers to order flip flops customised by colour, design and logo. The minimum order for this service is 3,000 pairs.

There is a separate sale section where you can view all reduced items together, although these will also show in the main categories too.

**The Site**

*Home Page* - this has photo examples of all the brands that are available on the site. As previously stated there is a side menu where you can select to view items by brand and type and also an advanced search option below it to pinpoint specific items. The whole viewing option is tremendously simple and the site responds quickly to clicks.

*Tracking and Delivery* - this shows.delivery times and charges which are very straightforward and explained clearly. UK orders placed Mon-Fri before 4pm are packed and despatched the same day by recorded delivery. Postage for each item is £2.50 but the maximum charged is £10 so no matter how many items you order above 4, the postage will never be more than the £10. At the time of writing this review there is an offer of free postage and packing on Crocs. International deliveries are also despatched the same day and the cost is between £7 and £10 depending on destination. They are sent by the Royal Mail International Signed for service and take between 5 and 10 days to arrive.

Here also there is the option to track your delivery – a simple procedure where you enter your order number and email address and can see just what stage your order is at.

*Info* - is where you can view that the company aims to provide the best possible service and the best price. Also here is the delivery information repeated plus details of how to return items. They may be returned within 14 days for either a full refund (less postage) or replacement.

*Size Guide* - which is a detailed size guide explanation for all the different types of shoes on the site plus a ‘foot’ size guide which you can print and use to measure your own feet. This is very useful and I and my friend who both ordered from the site used this guide.

*View Basket* - this is obviously where you can view any orders placed and also help on how to deal with the situation if you have placed items in the basket but are unable to view them.

*Contact Us* - there are a number of ways to contact the company, by email to either customer service or returns, by free phone telephone number or using the website message facility.

*Returns* - this is where you process any returns you may have. It’s straightforward, just like the order tracking, just pop in your order number and email address and you’re away.

**My experiences**

As I said, I went here to order a pair of Crocs. They come in a myriad of colours and the most complicated thing about the ordering system was making my mind up which colour to choose! When you click the item you’re interested in it brings up a larger picture and also a table of sizes available and a clear indication of whether they’re in stock in your size or not without having to click the size to see.

It was 11 am on a Thursday morning that I clicked to place a pair of lilac Crocs into my basket. Once you’ve viewed your basket and are happy with the contents you go on to the next page to enter your address. You can also add a different delivery address if you want or tick the ‘same’ box to have billing and delivery the same. From there you move on to the secure page where you enter your card details. Entry is very simple then click to confirm and you’re done. A page appears detailing your order number and delivery info. Within seconds an email appeared in my inbox confirming my order, payment and order number plus a link to the site to track your order. Within half an hour of that I had another email to confirm that my order was despatched and giving me the Royal Mail tracking number. I thought this was very impressive service and far better than any other online site I’ve used before.

That evening my friend popped round and decided she would order some Crocs too. We placed her order at 9.30 that evening, again within seconds had an email to confirm the order and then at 8.40 the following morning had another email to confirm despatch.

My shoes arrived at 9.30 on Friday morning – less than 23 hours after placing the order! My friend’s shoes arrived at 9.30 on Saturday morning. In my opinion this is service second to none!

Sadly, my friend’s shoes were slightly too large for her – not the fault of the size guide – her foot size sits between 2 sizes and she opted to order the larger size.

The returns process is simplicity itself. As directed I entered the order number and email address and the order pops onto the screen. From there you have the option to either have a refund paid on to your card or you can go on to the next screen and choose a replacement. She chose the same item but in a size smaller and a picture of the item with the size written underneath appears on the screen for absolute clarity. The instructions then are that an email will be sent to you which should be printed out and enclosed with the shoes when returned. It is also stated that her replacement shoes will be packed immediately and sent as soon as the original shoes have been received back. I can confirm that this was the case and the replacements arrived within 3 days of the originals being posted back.

It says on the site that customer service is their number one priority and from my experiences I can confirm that this is truly the case.

The site is simplicity itself to navigate, the web pages quick to load, confirmation emails super fast into your inbox, delivery second to none and the returns service also simple, speedy and efficient.

Using the web form I sent a message to the customer service department asking for any further information on the company that they could give me. The following day I had a very nice email back from the managing director, Pablo. He told me the company was formed 3 years ago and that it has doubled in size each year since then. Their core focus is customer service and they have one of the best records around. I asked if they could tell me of any future plans and he said they will be unveiling some new brands over the coming months but that it’s all top secret at the moment. He also told me to email with any further queries I may have.

All in all, my impression of this site is that it has achieved all it set out to do in five star fashion and I can thoroughly recommend it for simplicity and first class service.

Website address is www.rubbersole.co.uk

DE7 0BD

Thanks for reading
Jacky x

justathought 13.05.2008 13:10

Great review - will have to take a look see at this site x

innercircle 22.10.2007 21:50

A well written review - well done x

pefidler 19.10.2007 21:20

Good review, although due to having big and odd sized feet, probably not for me!