saynoto0870.com

Research Services

Review of "saynoto0870.com"

published 21/11/2006 | jayin
Member since : 09/05/2005
Pro Free or cheaper phone calls
Cons Some numbers may not work, otherwise none!

"'Alternatives listed for national rate numbers'"

Well what can i say!

I am very surprised that this web site, SAYNOTO0870.COM, has not already been reviewed.

I was reading a national broadsheet newspaper and stumbled upon an article which interested me.

Starting off with the most important things…..

The purpose of the site is to provide alternative numbers for 0800, 0808, 0844, 0845, 0870 and 0871 numbers. These are in the form or 01 or 02 numbers which are landline numbers. In addition to this they also provide free phone numbers.

0844, 0845, 0870 and 0871 numbers are not free and are usually charged at national rate.

When calling larger companies that use these types of numbers, you may find yourself in a queue. This is when things can start to get expensive.

In general it is much cheaper to call 01, 02 numbers, the longer you talk for, the more cost effective it becomes

The rates at which you pay for these phone calls may differ depending on the telephone company you are subscribed to (e.g. BT, NTL etc.).

In addition to this, consumers that may have unlimited calls during the day, evening or weekend can do so to 01 or 02 numbers but tend NOT to include 0844, 0845, 0870 and 0871 numbers. In order to receive these free phone calls, you are usually already paying a premiuem (again depending on your telephone company) on top of your standard line rental in order to receive these benefits. So to make calls to these national rate numbers you will be charged since they are not included. Wouldn't it make sense that you should get them free? Well this site provides you to do so by providing an alternative to these numbers.

Now to the ordinary consumer, the cost of calls may not matter to them since 0800 and 0808 are free. However, these free phone numbers, such as 0800 and 0808 are not free from mobile phones, usually only landlines. Contract customers can avoid paying for these calls by obtaining the 01 or 02 alternative numbers which are usually cheaper and depending on the contract type are included in the 'free minutes' that they may have.

From my experience when I was involved in a car accident, where I had to make multiple phone calls for long periods of time, I find that I had been charged an excessive amount for simply waiting around in queue where I had no access to a landline. Had I known about SAYNOTO0870.COM I would have saved a lot of money.

Now less importantly

The design of the site is satisfactory, it does not really have the need to be attractive by adding any other material since this would simply increase the time it takes for the page to load and will probably increase the costs of web hosting for the owner of the web site. There is no real need for there to be high quality images or media.
In respect to the web site itself, the layout and features are very basic.

Site navigation

The homepages explains a little about the about the telephone numbers.

The site contains a forum, links to external pages, help section, contact us forum.

There is a link for users to add new numbers into the database, although they are not update immediately until the number have been provided.

The most important link is the one to 'Search to find an alternative number'

You can then either:

Search by company name

Enter a phone number

View numbers by category

List companies alphabetically

List unverified numbers

Now you may think that we are cheating the companies in some way. However the site claims that companies are using these numbers and taking a cut of them

Whether you free strongly about this is issue or not, this is a way to get alternative numbers for companies that you which to call.

There is a surprising number of companies listed.

So have a look at the site yourself!

• kat74_uk published 28/08/2007
    very surprised that this nice member hasn't been given more very helpful ratings! They have gone to the trouble of making others aware of a great service offered on the internet- which I had intended to make more public myself- but as they have done so already- there is no need. I have saved a huge amount on my phone bill since finding out about this website- as I already pay extra for free local and national calls- why would I want to pay to dial companies for help?! My phone bills averaged at about £45 per month- since useing the 'saynoto0870' My last bill was £5 (call charges). So I say- thank you to Jayin for making this more public- and thank you to the site that is helping us, and I say NO to paying for 0870, 0845 numbers. It was actually virgin media that gave me this site's details- on a rare occassion that they were helpful :-)
  • gaunts published 01/03/2007
    nice review...not heard of this before. gaunty
  • daylehall published 16/12/2006
    My Dad showed me this website, its pretty useful - great review. xx