kat74_uk 5

kat74_uk

About me: please rate my reviews-v.important.I'm a keen gamer, luv my gadgets-always trying out new things-so u don't waste ur money!

Member since:22.02.2003

WHY PAY TO CALL BUSINESS'?!

27.09.2007 (29.09.2007)

Advantages:
lists 0870 & 0845 numbers - giving alternatives

Disadvantages:
some numbers dont work - but still the best site on the net

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: helpful See ratings
  1. pgn0
  1. HungryHungarian
  2. Amazingwoo
  3. christianfilmcritic

**UPDATE FOR THOSE OF YOU WHOM DO NOT UNDERSTAND**
Many of us pay our phone line providers for 24/7 free calls to local and national numbers...these will start with codes like: 0207,0208,01992 etc...however although it is not stated when we chose this service from our phone line providers- it will be in the small print or if you ask they will confirm- all numbers starting with 0870,0845 are still chargable/billed numbers...although they may not be extreme in their costs- the length of time these companies leave us on hold, or take to sort out a problem- mounts up on our bills...an 0845 number costs aprox 3p per min during the day and 1p per min during off peak times...an 0870 number costs aprox 6.7p per min in the day and 3.3p per min off peak. If you work it out aprox- I know my average calls took around 30 mins- therefore during the daytime an 0870 call would cost me at least £2!
This means even though you are already paying extra money on your line rental to get all local and national calls for free- you will still be getting charges for making calls to nearly all companies and business' - whom are probably chargeing you already for your custom!

Why would we want to put up with this?

Well I know I wouldn't! I know refuse to call them- and I just use the site I am reviewing to look up alternative numbers- and then I pay 'nothing' extra for calling them.

An example would be this:

Sky digital television - all their numbers start with 0870...I just had to call the engineer to check my booking, the number they gave me is:
0870 5959595...I typed that into the second box down (after clicking search to find alternative numbers) on the site (www.saynoto0870.com) and it brought up another number to use= 01506 421832. I then called that number- which is a national code and I get those free- and I got straight through to the correct department at no cost other than my phone providers fee for my having free local and national calls 24 hours a day 7 days a week.

I hope this clarifies for anyone whom didn't understand- if not- please leave a comment in my 'guestbook' and tell me what you don't understand.
**end of update**

I have used this site on a regular basis, they provide either free numbers or local/national codes- which means if you pay as I do- for free calls to local and national numbers- all the numbers listed are free.
I find it disgusting that companies use these codes, and I hope they are eventually banned from doing so.
This website gives the oppertunity to also list alternative numbers yourself- to share with others, or search for alternative numbers that are already listed on the site.
It has saved me £40 per month on call charges, so I am very greatful for it.
It is easy to use, you just click near the top of the page- on \'search for alternative numbers\' when the next page loads- just enter the name of the organisation/company and you will get you numbers...no- not all have alternatives- but I have found 95% of the ones I have searched for.
The other way is to enter in the 0870 or 0845 number in full- and it will search its database for an alternative.
easy to use and saves a vast amount of money.

« Previous review

pgn0 11.10.2007 00:10

I set out this evening to review the website saynoto0870.com, only to find you've beaten me to it... looks like you've had a wee bittie o'a problem getting your message across though, judging by the post-script. Your review is very helpful, but to someone who hasn't tried (or who isn't inclined to try) to use the site, perhaps a little more explanation on the way the website works would help, along with a screenshot or two to illustrate your example of getting through to Sky Customer Service without having to dial their freely-publicised 0870 (national rate) number (thanks to the info given when you searched for the phone number for Sky on saynoto0870.com, I presume...?). A nice subject for a review, just need to pretend that the rest of the world needs to be led by the hand through how the site works ;o)

larsbaby 27.09.2007 19:09

Good to publicise this campaign!

dynamicnurse 27.09.2007 16:20

Sorry, but not quite sure what this review was on.