wampyrii 3

wampyrii

Member since:01.01.1970

Don't Get Fooled Again

23.10.2001

Advantages:
see review

Disadvantages:
see review

10 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. cazm17
  2. RobinLawrie
  3. cmgraves

Scambusters.org is a site which every internet user should go to right away and bookmark. It details all those internet scams, hoaxes and general bits of misinformation which come flooding into our inboxes daily and as such is invaluable in sorting out the real stories, warning etc. from the falsehoods designed to part us with our cash or cause inconvenience.

There are numerous sections on here which include such things as rooting out virus warnings real and otherwise, and tips on how to remove them if you have one(my tip - just go to www.symantec.com and they will remove it), the monetary scams, chain letter emails, urban legends and lots of other things to prevent you getting sucked in by everything - including editorial hints and tips on the subjects.

The actual design of the site is a little on the scrappy side with lots of links and stories on the hompepage but no real coherence to it all which makes navigation difficult. There is however a search engine on the site to hopefully find the information you are looking for amongst its database. you can also sign up for a weekly newsletter which informs you of all the latest scams and hoaxes which have come to the attention of the site. They do however acknowledge that they can not possible include everything out there but offer a list of resources where you can find out this information, which is very helpful as well.

Overall, I find this site to be invaluable and although its often easy to pick out the scams, the urban legends etc. are less easy to weed out. Not anymore thanks to this site and I would definitely recommend it to anyone else out there.

Elainebaba 23.10.2001 17:05

How could I get fooled when I have my very own protector! thanks for sharing this. Avril

wampyrii 23.10.2001 17:03

yes the urbanlegends one is good as well, I use that as well, another one to recommend :o).....thanks for the comments

bwanamdevu 23.10.2001 16:20

Forgive me as I didn`t go to it straight away - I read your very good opinion first!Paul