shiply.com

Review of "shiply.com"

published 19/04/2012 | Bermuda1
Member since : 19/04/2012
Pro none
Cons I was put on hold for 1 hour and 3 mins on an 0845 number before they picked up the phone.
Speed of delivery
Reliability of company
Competitiveness of charges/prices
Customer service

"Very poor customer service and expensive"

I tried to ship a 2nd hand bicycle using Shiply, they acted as an intermediary, getting commission from a courier firm for the work.

After paying my deposit to Shiply, the bicycle seller waited in for the courier van to arrive, but the goods weren't collected. I contacted the courier firm who claimed that they knew nothing about this order placed through Shiply.

I tried to call Shiply to find out what had gone wrong, but I was put on hold for 1 hour and 3 mins on an 0845 number before they picked up the phone. They apologised but then said that they must start the bid process all over again, with any increase in costs incurred being to my account........ Also the high costs of my phone being on hold for over 1 hour was also to my cost, even though they had took my deposit and failed to make the booking. This was shockingly bad customer service, but they didn't care, it was a take it or lose the deposit deal with them. Quite an awful company. I won't use them any more, but instead I'll use a more reliable and cheaper courier firm, going through them directly. For this reason I cannot recommend Shiply, but this is only my opinion, based upon their lack of help when things go wrong.

Product Information : shiply.com