Sweetiesa... 5

Sweetiesarahjane

Member since:18.05.2001

Happy Snapper!

01.11.2005

Advantages:
Cheap, loads of features

Disadvantages:
Can't have the piccies the same day !

33 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. silly_monkey
  1. Pink-Ice-Queen
  2. mightymuffin
  3. docpov
  1. baby_uk

Hi all - I know its been a while since I've written a review but the baby takes up loads of my time these days!!

Anyway, I've found this website which I love and had to tell you about it!! Its www.snapfish.co.uk.

With the new baby I've never used the digital camera so much in my life! Every smile, frown, new movement I'm there with my camera! Poor thing its like the paparazzi for her with all the camera flashes! The problem with a gorgeous baby and an overenthusiastic happy snapping mummy is how much it will cost to print all the pictures off!! Also with a christening coming up shortly and a wedding next year, I knew that to print off all the ones I wanted it would cost a fortune to get them printed off in town. Although its nice to have all the photos on the computer, its nice to have them printed off to put in albums and give to people as printed photos last forever but computers don't do they!

On another website that I regularly chat on, someone mentioned snapfish.co.uk - if they recommended me they would get 20 free photos. I would also get 10 free photos just for joining. I thought to myself it was worth having a go, even if only for the 10 free photos!

My initial view of the website was that I was impressed - bold bright colours which makes it look cheerful, easy tabs to click on which makes the site easy to navigate around and the fact it is a service of HP which I know is a reputable company as well.

Signing up was easy, you just enter your email address, a password you'd like to use and your first name/surname. Then you are redirected to the home page where you can upload your photos. A nice feature of the site is that you can share the photos with friends/family etc as you can click on 'share' and you will be redirected to a page where you can email people with the link. You can select whether you would like them to have full access (they can copy the photos to their account and share with others) or restricted access (they can only view and order prints of the photos). You can select the gift prints option where you pay for the prints for them.

It is easy to log in each time, you just enter your email address and password which redirects you to their home page which has all the information on it.

Snapfish has an online shop where you can purchase items with your photos on - calendars, memory books, jigsaw puzzles, mugs, clothing, posters, mousemats, cards, coasters, placemats and prints. You can also select a prepaid option where you buy a package of prints (which don't expire and you can use as few or as many of your quota at one time) so that it works out cheaper ie 8p or 9p a print instead of 10p a print. The saving is dependent on what package you purchase. I will definitely be using the prepaid option before the christening and wedding as I know I will have a lot of photos. However, I still think 10p a print is cheap compared to having them printed off in town which costs about 3 times as much in some kiosks. Also, the online shop currently has a 15% off Christmas offer which is worth a look.

Another advantage of Snapfish is that they are really quick in posting the prints to you. Many people I know have had their prints delivered the next day or day after. I ordered my first lot on a Friday and they were on my doormat by the Monday morning which was great.

On the home page you can easily access your account - it lists information about your credits (free photos etc), order history and address book. Its really handy to know where you are.

To actually purchase your photos is easy - you select which photos you wish to print off via little tick boxes. You then continue to a page where you can select which size photo you wish to have - the options are 6x4, 7x5, 10x8 and wallet size, and poster print sizes of 15x10, 18x22 and 30x20 (all figures in inches). Prices vary for each size but are very reasonable. It is 8-10p for your 6x4 prints which are the standard photo size. If you need to go off and do other things on the site it is easy to get in and out of the shopping cart, which is displayed as a large shopping trolley on the right hand side of the page.

You can also order hi-resolution photos which is not a print but a picture that is really good to use as a screensaver, website picture etc.

A feature that I like when choosing the photos to print is that there is a 'fix photo' option - this is like your photo editing package where you can reduce red eye, fill flash, rotate, correct etc. Nice if you don't have this kind of software already on your computer!

The postage cost is 99p - I think that it is reasonable especially if you are having a lot of prints done.

To sum up the main advantages of this website is that it is easy to use, has loads of features, pictures are cheap to order and delivery is fast.

The main disadvantages is that it is not instant like going to a kiosk to print so have to wait at least a day for the photos, and the 99p delivery charge would be a lot if you only wanted 1 or 2 photos so best to use the site if you have a number to print off.

I would recommend this website to all digital camera users, Im definitely hooked now and will use it a lot.

Sarah

PS if you want to use the site let me know so I can recommend you and get my free photos!!!!

Pink-Ice-Queen 09.05.2007 14:16

I borrow my mates printer...but i know where to go If he ever gets fedup of lending it x

bazzaoleary77 23.02.2007 12:41

Great review I use Photobox as per my review and I can't bring myself to use anyone else as i get such good service Barry

h_o_y_f_d 13.02.2006 18:08

Great review! it sounds like a good site! :)