bluejules 5

bluejules

About me: Also bluejules on dooyoo and my reviews usually also appear there. Struggling to upload photos onto my Crowne Plaza review - will keep trying!

Member since:17.06.2003

Excellent prints and photo gifts!

09.09.2009

Advantages:
Good quality, good prices, good service

Disadvantages:
None

35 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. jedimastergray73
  1. Soho_Black
  2. Teteenlair
  3. princesslaura

I love taking photos and take my camera everywhere. As a result I get loads of great photos that I want to print. I have a small printer that prints 6 x 4 but as it costs about £30 for an ink cartridge and 100 sheets of gloss paper, working out at 30p per print, this isn't the most cost effective way to print my many photos. I discovered snapfish.co.uk about 2 years ago and although I only used it now and again at first, I now use it regularly.

Snapfish is an online digital photo printing service. The website is easy to use and it's easy to sign up, filling in the usual details such as name and email address etc. It's free to join and when you first sign up you get 20 prints free (you need to pay the postage which I believe was about £0.99 when I joined but this may have gone up slightly) I think this is excellent value, so you can see what the prints are like.

Once you have signed up you are ready to start uploading photos. This can be a slow process unless you install the quick uploader, (which I have done and it makes uploading photos much quicker and easier.)

You can get 50 free prints for each friend that signs up to snapfish through you. I've invited a couple of my friends but neither of them have signed up yet so I haven't received any free prints.

You can order photos and gifts and I've ordered both from this website. Photos come in various sizes (from 3x2" to 12x8")but personally I've only ordered 6x4 and 7x5, both of which have been of consistent high quality. I used to pay each time I ordered prints but I now use the pre-pay service.

The pre-pay service is as follows:

250 6x4 prints 7p each £17.50 saving 22%
500 6x4 prints 5p each £25.00 saving 44% (the package I use)

150 7x5 prints 18p each £27.00 saving 5%
300 7x5 prints 17p each £51.00 saving 11%

Of course you don't need to pre-pay but as I print so many photos it really is worthwhile for me. I pay £25 for 500 6x4 prints then I can just order photos and only need to pay the postage each time.

You can edit your photos before printing them, by cropping them, removing red eye, adding borders etc. I find this is really easy to do and it doesn't take too long (unless you have lots of photos to edit).

There is a wide range of photo gifts that you can purchase and I love this site for these. When I'm stuck for what to buy someone for a present I always look here and see if I can them a personalised gift. I've bought a number of photo gifts and I've not been disappointed with any of them. The gifts range from mugs and posters to jigsaws and stationary. I've ordered a couple of different mugs and they are really good. I ordered one for myself, which I rarely use, I keep it more as a souvenir so the photo remains bright (I assume if it is used lots it will fade like other mugs we have). You can get writing put onto the cups along with the photo(s) and I think this is a lovely personal touch.

I've ordered a number of posters as I find these a nice way to display a number of photos on my bedroom wall. You can choose wording and background colour and the 15x10" poster is only £3.99 plus postage and these are excellent quality. I think this is brilliant value for money too. I printed a collage poster of my sister's 30th birthday party with about 30 photos (they arrange them for you but you can change the order if you want, although this is randomised, you can't pick the exact location of each photo). I ordered one of these for me and one for her and I chose the background colour as her favourite colour (purple) and she absolutely loved it! You can get posters up to 40"x30" (£24.99) but I have only ever ordered the 15"x10" ones. You can choose if you want it to be portrait or landscape and can choose a title if you wish. I have ordered both orientations and both have produced excellent results.

I think that the print quality is high and I don't have any complaints about the quality. My dad is a keen photographer and spends hours printing his photos (A4 and bigger) getting the correct colours etc and he agrees that the prints from snapfish are good quality and the colours are fairly accurate.

The cost of postage depends on the items you order but I always find it to be quite reasonable. The items are delivered quickly, usually within 2 days for prints and 4-5 days for gifts, depending on the time of year and how busy they are etc. They always send an email when the item(s) have been dispatched. You can also pick up prints from your nearest Jessops store free of charge but as I don't really live near one, it's easier for me to get them delivered to my door.

You can store all the photo albums of your uploaded photos so you can order more photos at a later date or share them with friends.

There's also an area of the website that has tips and ideas. I never really use this but it looks like it could be quite useful, e.g. ideas for fathers day or hints about borders and tints etc.

On a couple of occasions, when I have been using the website regularly they send me discount codes or free prints (as a thank you) e.g a free 7x5 print or 1 sheet of 4 wallet prints. I always take them up on these offers and they are always of a high standard.

I've used other online photo printing services but this is definitely my favourite and I will continue to use it for as long as I get good results. It's quick and easy to use and the prints come delivered to my door within 2 days. I have no complaints about this service!

Thanks for reading! Also published on dooyoo.

JeeanA 11.10.2009 13:55

Sounds really good and relatively easy to use, so I might try then in the future - me and my other half both take loads of digital photos! Thanks for letting us know :o)

debmercury 11.10.2009 13:40

Well reviewed :o) x

wolfey59 17.09.2009 20:12

I have used this site in the past and found it really good and cheap! Great review