specsfinder.co.uk

Member since : 11/03/2006
Pro NONE
Cons SCAM, POOR QUALITY, SATISFACTION GUARANTEE NOT HONOURED

"AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!"

This site offers cheap, quality prescription glasses (including rimless ones) all at the price of £25.99 which includes high index thin lenses, anti-scratch, anti-reflection and free shipping along with a satisfaction guarantee and a 10% discount on all future orders .
They have 2000+ frames to choose from.

At first glance it appears to be an amazing deal. After all prescription glasses dont come cheap!
All the glasses are presented beautifully and look as if they are decent quality. The site isn't laid out brilliantly and it can be tiring to wade through pages of frames as the only option is to keep clicking next, not p1, p2 etc.

I bought 2 pairs of glasses, a semi-rimless and a rimless one and when you go through the checkout the option is to pay by major credit cards or paypal. I chose paypal. As the glasses come from the US you have to pay in dollars so each pair actually came out to £25.33 (at time of buying). Amazing!

I received the glasses wihin 6 days which is fast coming from the US. The lenses were very thin which I was thrilled at but on closer inspection the inside of the bottom of one of the lenses was damaged, the 2nd pair which was described as my size didn't even fit on my nose! They were impossible to wear.
I asked for a replacement of the 1st pair and a refund on the 2nd.
At first they asked me to send them back but when I asked for the address to send them back to, they wouldn't give it to me! They then said donate the glasses to a charity. Fair enough.
But when it actually came to getting a refund, 5 times I emailed them to no avail. I never got my refund or a replacement pair.

I did actually order a couple of other pairs from them before suspicion arose. This time, one pair had one thin lens and one thick one!!!! Another pair had a very wonky frame so the lenses were wonky and are unwearable. I asked yet again for a refund but this time didn't even get a reply. I am now £120 out of pocket. And for someone on benefits this is a huge amount.

This made me start investigating this company. So far I've found no address listed for them, nor a phone number. I've also found that the company only appears to have started up at the beginning of this year (2007). It appears the owner has gone to tons of websites and where possible, such as on forums he has just signed up to post random comments just so he can advertise his site by putting the website address in under his name and written so called reviews of his site on various websites under a different name saying what good quality the glasses are etc.

In all my years (8yrs) of buying online for practically everything, I have never been scammed once, until now... I even lodged a claim with paypal but they don't offer a refund unless the item hasn't been received even though I could choose an option for items significantly not as described.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE!!!!

• Soho_Black published 09/03/2007
    They do sound awful. I hope you can get your money back somehow.
  • Julieshobs published 04/03/2007
    ONe to avoid. Jules.
  • HotBabes published 03/03/2007
    Will steer clear of this site. I hope you keeping bugging them for a refund and that you get it, eventually. x