swerve.co.uk

Clothing & Accessories

Review of "swerve.co.uk"

published 29/04/2001 | adamdavid
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Low prices, quick delivery, rapid customer service response
Cons Not a huge choice

"Swerve.co.uk"

I have made a few purchases from Swerve.co.uk and have been impressed with their prices and delivery times. Each time I have ordered over the internet on a weekend and have had my purchases delivered within a week. I chose second class post to save a few pence and still had my items within a week. I bought some designer boxers (Calvin Klein and Tommy Hilfiger) because they were on special sale and thought that this was a good way to try out their service. After that I bought a couple of CK T-shirts.

Their prices are quite reasonable but the one downside is that they don't give you any idea of what size you are ordering. I ordered the Calvin Klein boxers (£9.24 including second class postage) in a Medium and luckily they fitted perfectly. I did the same a week later for the Tommy Hilfiger boxers (same price, same size) and they also fitted. It might be nice if they gave the sizes on the website in inches (or centimetres) so that you didn't have to guess whether you are a small, medium or large.

The same thing happened with the T-shirts. I bought medium each time and again they fitted, but I doubt I would buy any jeans from them. Having a 33" waist I wear a 32" waist from some companies and a 34" waist from some others. The hassle of ordering something and having to send it back is more than I can be bothered with.

Swerve offer a loyalty scheme whereby you earn points for every so many pounds you spend. Those points then add up to a percentage discount. You get a point for every pound spent and when you have got a hundred points, you get a five percent discount. At the moment, I only get a 2% discount, which may only amount to a few pence, but it still counts.

The clothes they have may not be the latest designs, and there isn't a HUGE choice, but then you aren't paying the latest prices. I don't know that much about high fashion but I do like the feeling of walking around with a named label in some of my clothes. It helps to make me feel "normal", at least some of the time. If you're the sort of person who has to have the latest stuff, then you probably won't find it at swerve.co.uk, but then you probably don't do your shopping on the web.

In summary, I'd recommend checking out swerve.co.uk for designer clothes. Especially if you know what size you want.

UPDATE 18/5/01
The last T-shirt I ordered (Ralph Lauren) arrived with a small hole in the back near the left shoulder. I sent the T-shirt back immediately (in the original packaging) and asked them to replace it if possible. Two weeks later I received a receipt in the post, telling me how much I had had refunded. The refund was for the price of the T-shirt. Their website promises that they'll refund the postage if the item is faulty (and I'd say that a hole implies "faulty"). I've e-mailed their complaints person to ask what is going on and I'll let you know the outcome.

UPDATE 18/5/01
How impressive is that? Within an hour of me e-mailing them, they had responded telling me that they had made a mistake and that the postage would be refunded. That's how customer service should be.

• Freddydog published 29/04/2001
    I haven't heard of this site will go and have a look thanks for the op.