tescodirect.com

Food, Drinks & Groceries

Review of "tescodirect.com"

published 29/12/2001 | angels
Member since : 24/06/2001
Pro More free time, not more trolleys in your ankles
Cons ummmm cant think of any

"Tescodirect to my house"

As a busy working mum, I always hated using my spare time at the weekends shopping, but it had to be done.Then when my poor old car died, humping the shopping home became a pain, it was either a taxi which cost an arm and a leg or the bus! which was even more of a pain. Then my local Gateways supermarket started delivery service, perfect. And that was my shopping routine for the next 3 years, then out of the blue they stopped the delivery service! ekkk not back to taxi's and busses surely.

Well in thoses 3 years i had become a computer owner and addict, and not being able to face the bus again i thought id have a try at tesco direct.The first time i did my shop it took nearly 3 hours, it was a wee bit confusing, trying to find the basic's you need can take a while, but i think like most things the more you use them the easier they get. The thing i like is having the option to go thru my last shopping order and my favorites, and we really order the same things every week, so it started to take less and less time.

When you have completed your shop you go to check out you can choose a 2 hour time span for delivery, and book up to 4 weeks in advance (i'm not that organized)I booked a delivery between 5-7pm. And like magic my shopping arrived at 6.45pm, packed as i would like it packed if i had done it myself.

You will have thngs subsituted if they are out of stock, but if you dont want this you have the option of say whether you want substitutions or not, you also have the option of leaving a note on every item you buy for your picker telling what do if the items are out of stock.

I have had a few problems with things being missing from my order, and where possible they will bring them out to you or refund your credit card. The same goes for damaged goods. My last order before Christmas was booked for delivery between 3-5pm, at 4 i got a phone call telling me my order would be 1 1/2 to 2 hours late, i was not a happy bunny as this was my works do night, so i sent off an email telling them i was not happy about the lateness ect and the next day i had a very nice email back telling me they would not be charging me the normal £5 charge for delivery.

I am now totaly hooked on shopping online with tesco's, i can do my shopping in the evening and my weekends are now free to spend with my kids. The only thing i need now is a magic spell to do the housework and the washing and im sorted!

• Roberts published 12/01/2002
    Yes it is good however my mum only used it once. I dont know why! Nice writting. Roberts
  • alflavor published 04/01/2002
    good op there. I'm an occasional user of T.D. but normally it's Thursday night before I realise I need to shop for the weekend and so have to make the trawl to Tesco's myself. If you find the magic spell for housework then let us know! Cheers, AL
  • Cazz published 30/12/2001
    Great op, and I use this service a lot too - people moan about dodgy substitutes etc but I find if you take the time to use the notes properly you can end up with something you actually want, even if it's not what you actually ordered! BTW thank you very much for your Trust, it is warmly appreciated, Cazz xx