thetrainline.com

Review of "thetrainline.com"

published 16/01/2012 | wellington123
Member since : 16/01/2012
Pro None
Cons No professionalism and take you for a ride
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Never deal with this company, extremely unprofessional"

I extremely dissatisfied with the company. I bought the tickets online a day before I was due to travel, and went to the machine on the day and was shockingly told that the tickets were unavailable. Left with no option, I went to the kiosk and was told they cannot print the tickets and thus was forced to buy new tickets. I then phoned the train line that day and I was informed if I produced the tickets that I bought from the kiosk, wrote a cover letter and sent it recorded delivery they would refund me the cost of the cheaper ticket I received from the kiosk and not for the tickets I purchased from the train line. This I was told would take approximately 10 days. I argued the case and pointed out all the flaws in the suggestion and eventually he put me on told to talk to someone else, several minutes later he agreed to pay the full amount back via my debit card within 2-4 days. I have called every 2-4days and each person tells me I will get it in 2-4 days. I can only presume I will get the full amount back but will probably spend the same amount on my phone bill.

This sort of service is totally unacceptable and just goes to show the lengths that some companies will go to trying to save money, and squeeze out every last penny of ours!

• Summers_mummy published 17/01/2012
    Needs more info
  • leetscram published 16/01/2012
    Sorry but more a complaint than a company review as you seem to say the website is quite good in the summary at the top
  • Marge3781 published 16/01/2012
    Sorry for your awful experience and hope you get your money back. Also sorry for the low rate but if you could add a few details on this company in general I'd be very happy to rerate - just leave a message in my guestbook.