trivago.co.uk

Review of "trivago.co.uk"

published 22/08/2008 | bakpaker
Member since : 22/08/2008
Pro I am earning money.
Cons I am spending way too much time on this website.
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"A place for travellers to share their experiences."

So I have no idea how I started on trivago before I signed up with ciao, but it seems from the previous reviews that wherever you start you end up hearing about both.

The purpose of this review is to bring an up-to-date perspective as it seems like no one has written about trivago on ciao for a couple of years and a lot of things have changed since then.

About trivago

Trivago has been around since 2005 and is an online community of travellers that upload reviews and pictures for just about place in the world. There is also a possibility to book hotel rooms on the site (which I haven't really investigated yet). Trivago gets commissions from all of the hotel bookings through the site, of which 50% are distributed among the trivago members every month. You don't have to be a member in order to read the reviews and articles on trivago, however if you want to write a review about a hotel, place, attraction you have to become a member. Members of the community have different levels (just like ciao) according to the amount of reviews that they have posted and the quality of the reviews. Each country platform has a community manager who works for trivago, however there are also members of the community on the highest levels who oversee the development of trivago.

Why do I like trivago?

Even though it took a couple of hours in order to get my head around all of the functions on the site (I did receive useful help from my mentor), I looked at some reviews written by other members and just started typing. I am an avid traveler and I love to share my experiences with other people. Travelling is something very personal, everyone likes different things, but I am definitely someone who doesn't like to follow the guidebooks, opting to do something different. I am very lucky to have friends all over the world, who when I visit them are always able to give me the less touristic tour of a city. This is something that I always want to share. It is great to have a public review site where I am able to give my personal opinions and give other people ideas concerning what they should do.

Trivago has definitely pulled me in, at the moment I am able to add attractions (there is sometimes a very limited amount of attractions in some cities) and I have been writing a lot of reviews and uploading a lot of pictures. I am not completely happy with the fact that other people can rate my reviews and sometimes I don't know why my ratings are quite low, but I just enjoy the fact that even though some people might not be happy with the structure I am giving my honest opinions.

It's always great to get reliable advice about certain places from other trivago members. Some of the reviews on trivago are very lengthy and I have never written anything as long as this review. I like to keep my reviews short and sweet, a couple of paragraphs with the main details that I think other members will find useful. It doesn't matter how long or short your review is, you always get rewarded with credits for every review that you write and I like it that I can accumulate money, which can be withdrawn using paypal.

Another thing that I like about trivago is that I can invite my friends (like with ciao( to join and if they sign up through a link that I have then I receive extra shares for all of the activities that they do as well. I am really hoping to get a lot of friends to join as a lot of them travel a lot as well so in the future I can write reviews whenever I go somewhere new, whilst in the meantime I can still earn money from my friends writing reviews and uploading pictures.

If you really like to travel in particular then check out trivago and see what has changed over the years if you have already been on the site in the past. I am looking forward to making friends on ciao, but I am really having a lot of fun on trivago as well. If you like trivago let me know and I might be able to help you or be your mentor.

• lml888v published 22/08/2008
    Welcome. Sounds like a very useful site.
  • manlybeach published 22/08/2008
    Sounds like a good site. Welcome to ciao x