trivago.co.uk

Online Hotel Booking

Review of "trivago.co.uk"

published 19/01/2009 | johnwilliams53
Member since : 19/01/2009
Pro save money on hotels
Cons takes a while to understand all the features
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Find the best rates and cheapest hotel deals"

I have recently rediscovered trivago and I wanted to let everyone know about it!

So trivago has been around since 2005, but it seems that it has only been over the last couple of months that the features of the website have really improved and the information provided is really cohesive. At the end of last year trivago had a re-launch and the hotel price comparison has improved as well as the search features.
Why am I using trivago?

I have been a member of trivago for around a year now, but I only use it every now and then to book hotels for work and pleasure and review my trips afterwards. At the beginning I always used trivago to compare the prices of a hotel room after choosing a hotel (trivago works with hotels.com, expedia, laterooms etc to find the current available hotel room rates) to make sure that I was getting the best offer. It wasn't always reliable but gave a good indication, however now the price comparison has improved so much and really does show you the best rates available!

I am now able to save money by comparing all of the prices online. The new features even allow me to book hotels close to business meetings and conferences I have, with a map which shows where all of the hotels are located around a city, or close to an address.
The hotel price comparison takes a bit of time to get used to but once you know how to use it, it is a great tool to use to make sure that you are paying the right price for a hotel room. I never realized that different online travel agents charge different prices and always used expedia, so it is helpful to find out whether expedia was the best online travel agent to use.

I would definitely recommend trivago to others, you can save money on your holidays and it saves you a lot of time when trying to find the perfect hotel room. The features have improved a lot and you can even read hotel reviews from trivago, as well as other review sites which provides an overall ranking for each hotel, so that you get a better overview of a hotel. There is a community, but I am not so active, I find that the hotel comparison is one of a kind and I am surprised that no-one really focuses on this aspect.

• kevin121 published 19/01/2009
    An interesting review on a site I've never even heard of, I must check it out. And welcome to Ciao too! Rachael.