truprint.co.uk

Photography & Cameras

Review of "truprint.co.uk"

published 12/04/2006 | zainabm
Member since : 24/11/2005
Pro can get prints for free (just pay postage)
Cons none i have come across

"snap happy"

I've owned a digital camera for over 2 years now and had only ever got photos developed by taking my memory stick to the shops; I'd never really considered the internet as an option.

Probably about a year ago I got an e-mail promotion about tru print saying I can get 20 free prints if I register - free prints, why not?!

Registering
Registering was very simple and I had 20 free prints to get me going (that is once I uploaded pictures)!
All that is required for registration is your name and e-mail address. Upon registering I found that if I got other people to register I would get even more free prints - brilliant! This, again, is a simple process - type in the addresses and truprint does the rest (i.e. the invitation not registering!).

Uploading
This was fully explained step by step and within a short while I had my first album created where I can name the pictures, add captions, add backgrounds, fix and enhance photos to name but a few!

Share your moments
The great thing I like about tru print is you can share photo albums with friends (although they may need to sign up for a tru print account not 100% sure about that) which makes it so much easier than attaching photos via e-mail! You can share a photo album with over 100 pics using tru print instead of clogging up someone's e-mail.

Photos
Ordering the photos is mega easy and because I had the 60 print credits I just had to pay £1.99 postage and package! There are also various options of picture size, matt or gloss finish and cropping of digital photos (example shown during ordering to explain this feature).

The speed of deliveries is good and the photos arrived in good condition and were of a good quality.

Overall
I was very happy with my experience with tru print and I'm sure others will be too.
Tru print does other products as well; mugs, calendars, T-shirts, mouse mats, greeting cards, posters and memory books. They would make great gifts.

• snake_plissken published 19/05/2006
    I'm sorry about the low rate, but a lot more info is required for the higher rates. If you edit let me know and I'll re-rate for you.
  • lauricha published 13/04/2006
    A good review, a bit more info would get better ratings though, maybe have a flick through some other's reviews and see the info they included and their layout and take some hints and tips from that! Also its worth writing the review in Word first to minimise tyops! If you do edit it, drop me a line in my Guestbook and i'll happily re-rate. Laur x