truprint.co.uk

Photography & Cameras

Review of "truprint.co.uk"

published 29/09/2007 | welshgal17
Member since : 26/02/2005
Pro Fast service, cheap, problem free
Cons none

"Tru-print up your life"

my photo wall thanks to truprint

I'm a 'little' snap happy when it comes to taking photos with my digital camera (I once took 100 pictures on just a night out into town) and although they are all stored nicely in folders on my laptop, I love being able to physically have a flick through a photo album rather than watching a slide-show on my computer.
This is where Truprint came to the rescue. Having used them to print up my films from my APS camera for many years, I had already heard of them and knew they were a respected, good company, but it wasn't until my sister recommended the online site to me that I decided to give it a go.

---------------------------------
Ok so:
www.truprint.co.uk

First we'll start off with the basis of the whole site - being able to order prints of your photos. This is extremely easy to do.
First you'll have to register and set up an account if you don't already have one. Then its just a case of uploading your photos using their clever photo-uploading tool (which does require you to download some small piece of software) or email if you find it easier. Photos are uploaded in a matter of seconds and stored in a designated folder you can name. In addition to getting prints you can also share this folder online with friends - which just requires their email address, making it much less hassle for you to share your photos with large groups of friends and family.

Ok so now you've uploaded its just a matter of picking the prints you want to get printed, choosing a finish (matte or glossy), a size (4x6, 5x7, 8x10 or wallet size) and whether you want a border around each photo. You can also choose the quantity of photos here if you're ordering for more people than just yourself.

There are two ways you can pay - Pre-paid which I find a little expensive at £45 -for 500 print credits, although they never expire and you never have to pay for the photos again while you have credits, or you can pay 10p a print (for 4X6 photos, 19p for 5x7). I choose the latter option as I only ever order around 50 photos at a time so it works out cheaper for me. You can pay with many major debit/credit cards and it will store your information so that next time your prints are just a few clicks away.

Postage is quite cheap depending on the size of what you order - 99p for prints and for larger items normally up to £1.99. Delivery is usually exceptionally fast, normally in about 1-2 days for me and I'm always pleased about how well they package them so they don't get damaged in transit. They're of a very high quality and I have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered from them.
-----------------------------------
In addition to ordering prints, truprint also offer a range of photo gifts. These range from mugs to books to teddies to clothing all adorned with whichever photo you choose.
For my parents silver wedding anniversary, my siblings and I chose to order my parents a 'Memory Book', which is basically a hardback book (which you can choose the colour and style of) which is full of about 30 pictures you choose and can edit (we put in their wedding photos and stuff from when they first started going out), all printed on glossy paper and housed in this gorgeous book which they can now treasure for years to come. I think we paid around £20 for this and everyone commented on how lovely a present it was and how unusual and different it was.
I also just ordered a large poster for my flatmates and I with photos from our recent house party and it looks fabulous on our living room wall greeting guests as they come in. It cost quite a bit at £14 but it's of a very high quality so is worth it in my opinion.

----------------------------------------------

Truprint frequently have offers and sales on offering prints at half price recently and also offering things like free postage and 20% off gifts. I always try and take advantage of these and you can normally find coupon codes by searching for them on search engines saving you that little bit of money.
There is also an incentive if you invite a friend to gain 20 free print credits. Think about how many prints you could get free by getting all your friends to sign up and print!

-----------------------------------

The website is easy to navigate with bold lettering and bright colours, everything spoken in plain English.

--------------------------------

So would I recommend them to you? Definitely. The service is top notch - never ever had any problems from them. The whole process takes around 3 days from taking the picture to getting the prints in your hand - without even leaving the house (well except to take the pictures obviously!) I don't have a bad word to say about them and would recommend them to anyone and everyone.

• elinor.z published 30/03/2008
    really good informative review. I wonder if it is cheaper to buy them this way than print them out myself....Ink jets are quite expensive.....Oh well that another maths to be worked out. very well wwritten thanks....elinor.
  • eve6kicksass published 25/10/2007
    Great to see you writing again Samantha; a lovely little review there! Chris x
  • k8_lloyd published 05/10/2007
    I'd forgotten about this company - I assumed they'd gone bust when digital cameras took off. k8 x

Product Information : truprint.co.uk

Photography & Cameras

Type: Photography & Cameras

Domain Extension: .co.uk

Listed on Ciao since: 16/05/2005

truprint.co.uk - Review - Tru-print up your life

welshgal1... 5

welshgal17

About me: ♥ thank you for reading and rating! more reviews coming soon! shocked I got money from the premium fund - thanks ciao!! ♥♥

Member since:26.02.2005

Tru-print up your life

29.09.2007

Advantages:
Fast service, cheap, problem free

Disadvantages:
none

33 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. karimkha
  1. M.Newcastle
  2. elinor.z
  3. thebigc1690

---------------------------------
Ok so:
www.truprint.co.uk

There are two ways you can pay - Pre-paid which I find a little expensive at 45 -for 500 print credits, although they never expire and you never have to pay for the photos again while you have credits, or you can pay 10p a print (for 4X6 photos, 19p for 5x7). I choose the latter option as I only ever order around 50 photos at a time so it works out cheaper for me. You can pay with many major debit/credit cards and it will store your information so that next time your prints are just a few clicks away.

Postage is quite cheap depending on the size of what you order - 99p for prints and for larger items normally up to 1.99. Delivery is usually exceptionally fast, normally in about 1-2 days for me and I'm always pleased about how well they package them so they don't get damaged in transit. They're of a very high quality and I have never been disappointed with anything I've ordered from them.
-----------------------------------
For my parents silver wedding anniversary, my siblings and I chose to order my parents a 'Memory Book', which is basically a hardback book (which you can choose the colour and style of) which is full of about 30 pictures you choose and can edit (we put in their wedding photos and stuff from when they first started going out), all printed on glossy paper and housed in this gorgeous book which they can now treasure for years to come. I think we paid around 20 for this and everyone commented on how lovely a present it was and how unusual and different it was.
I also just ordered a large poster for my flatmates and I with photos from our recent house party and it looks fabulous on our living room wall greeting guests as they come in. It cost quite a bit at 14 but it's of a very high quality so is worth it in my opinion.

----------------------------------------------

--------------------------------

Pictures of truprint.co.uk
truprint.co.uk Picture 50627513 tb
my photo wall thanks to truprint

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

elinor.z 30.03.2008 20:54