unbeatable.co.uk

Review of "unbeatable.co.uk"

published 14/04/2005 | a4angus
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Cheap prices; easy ordering; Full order tracking; good range
Cons Online stock levels out of date

"Unbeatable Prices? Unbeatable Service?"

My overall rating for this online supplier is Good so please read the review in full to get all the details ....

The Original Purchase
-------------------------------
I was shopping for an MP3 player and had decided on the iRiver H10 5Gb.

After some time searching the web for the best price, I came across Unbeatable who were offering it in a nice Blue for £99.99 + £7.99 P&P - this was at least £70 less than the best of the rest. It was a 'special order item'.

Wo hoo - credit card out and retail therapy completed in no time flat. I was very pleased.

The Headache
---------------------
The next day I receive an email from sales/customer services say they were sorry but they were unable to fulfill my order as the special offer was now out of stock.

No alternatives offered and not a valid explanation.

The Complaint
---------------------
After a few moments of deep depression, I fired of a missive to the named individual - to their credit I was able to identify the name and direct email account for the customer services person (very rare in most companies).

I pointed out that the offer had been a 'special order' not 'limited stock' item and that it was particularly unhelpful to offer no alternatives or try to retain my custom.

The Result
----------------
A day later, I am pleased to receive an email from the same customer service person saying that they have sent out a replacement in red (I had indicated colour was not an issue) at the original price. Result - excellent !!!!

I sent back a thank you an complimented them on resolving this issue so well. It bodes well that they wanted to keep my business and I will definately be ordering from them again.

Delivery
-----------
Delivery has to be to the cardholders address (City Link couriers) which can be a pain for signing. Luckily someone was home when they arrive the next day at 0830 !!! Not bad when dispatch was only 1730 the previous day.
You can track the order online and with CityLink down to where it is in the van (almost).

Overall
----------
Okay - not good that they could not handle the stock / order issue first time, but credit to them that they sorted it so positiively.
It shows that complaining can count.

Recommend
-------------------
Yes - on price they are very good in most circumstances.
Service - good result anbd hopefully they have learned from this.

• paisleyman published 19/04/2006
    Good review - dont know much about them but I might just investigate
  • LR_17 published 17/04/2005
    Good review matey. Have heard of them, but haven't paid a visit as of yet. Leila :)
  • littleboo21 published 14/04/2005
    I'll take a look at these. sarah x