warrantydirect.co.uk

Review of "warrantydirect.co.uk"

published 03/12/2009 | beleiveitnow
Member since : 30/11/2009
Pro Nil
Cons Unwillingness to consider claims on their merit
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Never again"

My opinion of this company.

Extremely Ambigious conditions and definitions and no where near as comprehensive as they claim even with a premium range policy.
First claim, a simple electrical component refused after two and half years without a claim. Even the garage was suprised at the decision. Cancelled policy straight the way. Check out the competition before you spend lots of money with the risk of not being able to claim. Some do policies where all components are covered and they tell you exactly what isn't.
Warranty direct are not so direct with their description of covered items and leave you unsure. When simple components aren't covered that aren't serviceable items then you realise they are being extremely unfair.
Extremely dissapointed with a company I placed my trust in.

Additional info - Have always had a motor warranty policy of which I have always received satisfaction. I have always chosen a premier policy to 'assue' myself of comprehensive cover. The items were clearly not excluded in my policy booklet and the main component which it was sited in was covered. An experienced premier dealership ,(service manager )being extremely confused at their decision after dealing with this company also for many years adds to my opinion . Whilst this company may offer support to others, it is clear that they will make ambigiuos decisions and my comments should be a warning like with any product, nothing is written in stone. So please don't make assumptions . Thankfully it was a wake up call to the thousands I have wasted over the years on such cover and have now found my own breakdown company offers a safer alternative for less. So in a way Warranty Direct have finally helped me, I am saving hundreds a year on a premier product, so I thank them for that.
Warranty Direct should remember when upsetting long term customers that this type of attitude can and inevitably will come back and bite them in the long run.

• TheHairyGodmother published 06/12/2010
    more information required
  • LawrenceP published 04/12/2009
    Oh, I take it you're writing about a motor warranty company then? I wasn't sure until you said, "garage". There's no warranty out there that covers all components and I'm sure with the warranty you had there was a guide book or some reference to parts covered that you didn't read. If there wasn't a guide book like I suspect you'll say you don't have then you took the warranty at your own risk, not knowing what was and wasn't covered. Apart from the fact I already knew this company didn't cover everything, your review didn't help me in knowing more about warrantydirect.co.uk

Product Information : warrantydirect.co.uk