warrantydirect.co.uk

warrantydirect.co.uk

Review of "warrantydirect.co.uk"

published 26/05/2012 | MikeHome123
Member since : 26/05/2012
Pro great cover, friendly staff, quick claims
Cons must pay and claim back some claims, payment is made by cheque
Price
Service
Efficiency

"Well worth the monthly payment"

I used (an continue to use) warranty direct to insure 8 househole electrical items. Mainly kitchen goods plus a couple of others. The monthly premiums are low enough for them to not cause a huge amount of damage to your pay packet and they provide an invaluable service. I have called them out four times now, twice for a tumble dryer, once for a freezer and once for an oven. Three of the times I paid the £20 excess and they did the rest sending out a man when it suited me and arranging payment. The oven was not covered by their engineers so they told me to arrange a local engineer to fix, pay him and then claim the money back minus the £20 excess. My only two things to say that are negative are firstly, when they pay you any claim money, its by cheque (or was last time I had to), and secondly that the engineers (indesit/hotpoint i think) don't seem to be as customer orientated as the call centre guys and arent so good at keeping to their scheduling and promises. I'd recomend warranty direct for houshold electrical insurance.

• mozzie76 published 27/05/2012
    More details would be useful

Product Information : warrantydirect.co.uk