watford.co.uk

Computers & Electronics

Review of "watford.co.uk"

published 02/04/2006 | lodersghost
Member since : 02/04/2006
Pro Far outweighed by the disadvantages
Cons Appalling customer service - don't answer the phones - Unreliable PCs

"Don't answer the phone or e-mails"

I bought my Carrera Computer because of its hi level spec and because it came with a five year warranty - three years on site and 2 years RTB. One week after it arrived (with damage to the tower case) the hard drive failed completely. I had to spend literally hours on the phone trying to get through to the warranty department. After twenty minutes in a queue they cut you off and you have to start again! Agh!!!!!!!!

A few moths after that Saga they wrote to me and told me that Carrera had been taken over by Watford Electronics and that my warranty was void. They would however honour it for a total of two years only (on site). I've never understood this - they were part of Watford Electronics before.

Two weeks before my warranty was up my graphics card failed. After two days of attempts to get through the guy on the line persuaded me that he couldn't get someone to visit me on site for 2 weeks - but could have it picked up by courier in two days. I agreed - bad mistake. They have had my PC for a month now and they are still waiting for a part.

My business has been on standstill waiting for this to be sorted. I've just bought a laptop so that I can keep doing business (a DELL!!!).

The staff at Watford Electronics range from 'hard cheese' to embarassed and under pressure. I've learned that when I started this recent repair issue with them the warranty department had only one person there to answer the calls. They were again disconnecting me after 20 minutes. The time to reply to e-mails is five days. Appalling.

I will never buy from Watford Electronics, Aries PC or Carrera SSC again!

• COOOEEE published 25/04/2006
    Duplicate reviews are not allowed on the ciao site. Holler again if you need help. Fionaxx
  • Soho_Black published 08/04/2006
    NH as this appears to have been copied. Although if you can prove you are the original author, I will re-rate.
  • thingywhatsit published 02/04/2006
    I cannot believe you have done the same on both sites. Reported.