watford.co.uk

Member since : 03/09/2007
Pro NONE
Cons Everything else.

"Watford Electronics"

This is an account of my issues with Watford Electronics (www.watfordelectronics.com) I purchased a Carrera PC via carrera.com. With 5 years warranty. First a few problems, the subwoofer didn't work but contacted Creative and they sent me out another asap. Problem sorted.

Then the hard drives started to play up and then found myself constantly ringing the technical helpline at Carrera. But eventually got the problem sorted. Although I have to say Carrera was the best helpline I've ever come across. No worries there. Until.....

Only months after buying the PC, I got a letter from Carrera to say they were going bust. I couldn't believe it. My luck had ran out. Two months afterwards I got a letter saying Watford Electronics had taken them over and they would resume my warranty but only upto 3 years and ONLY if I paid an EXTRA occuring fee. Gutted. But again my computer failed to work, so I felt I had to pay these costs and at least my computer would be insured for damage etc. But I only paid for a year because £98 extra for one year was enough!

It took a while to sort things out but they finally managed to pick up my PC for warranty repair. Before hand I sent out numerous emails, which NEVER got replied. Rang the 9-5 number and waited upto 1 hours for someone to reply, eventually gaving up. But then somehow...fortunately my patience paid off and we got there.

Now I'm waiting for my PC.

(A few months pass by...)
Still waiting, it's been about 3 months and nothing. I'm going to report these to Trading Standards. Do NOT buy anything with warranty support Watford Electronics. If 'terrible customer service' was in the dictionary there will be 'Watford Electronics'.

I have since spent less than £400 on a new PC and had zero problems.

• Bens__mummy published 16/10/2007