waxworkshop.co.uk

Review of "waxworkshop.co.uk"

published 15/01/2001 | christopherbrown
Member since : 19/11/2000
Pro Fast effiecient service, Reasonable price
Cons Some things canbe found cheaper elsewhere, although the candle itself maynot last for as long.

"Wax Workshop is a good place for candles"

Just before Christmas, I purchased a lot of candles as presents due to the whole family liking candles of some sort or another. I bought floating, sented, tea lights and more of the ornamental candles. I was very pleased with the response that I got from the company as I placed an order and I did not specify a colour of a candle for some reason. They sent me an email stating what colour I wanted and said that as soon as they received the repliy, they would send the goods.

I half expected a small box that the postman would bring, but I was totally wrong. I got given a big box. One small box with bubble wrap inside of a big box with extra packaging. I was very suprised with what I saw. The second thing that I was suprised about was that it was delivered by Parcel Force so I got it the day after. The overal service that I received was exceptional.

The candles on the otherhand were all intact with no breaks or cracks on them due to the amount of packaging. The added packahing did not go to waste as that was also used in order to wrap the candles as gifts.

The poastage and packaging is also very good as if you spend over £5 or £10 in anyone order then the postage and packaging is free plus you get a complimentary gift. For me it was one of these bum bag things.

The price for this efficient service was quite reasonable, except the tea lights can be found cheaper elsewhere like Asda or Ikea, although these candles dont seem to last as long. The candles from waxworkshop do last for a while. You are looking at about 6 - 8 hours, so more than likely you are paying for the quality more than anything else.

There is a range of choice to also choose from on the actual site of candles, from different stlyes, to sizes, to sents, to everything else you would expect from a candle place.

This site is really for those that do spend a lot on candles, as the more you buy, the less you pay, which is well worth the money in the long run, but if you buy a lot of the candles, then you have to store them somewhere.

I am sure that there are many more candle sites to go for online, but I have only used two upto now. One was waxworkshop and the other is EasyWaehouse.com. Personnally I would go to www.waxworkshop.com but I will leave that decision upto you, but the site is still worth a try.

• CherryBlossom published 11/09/2002
    I love candles so I must have a look at this place. ~Sharon
  • LostWitness published 15/01/2001
    Good review - sounds like good service.
  • leannewhite published 15/01/2001
    I just love candles, I'll take a look at this site. Thanks for a useful opinion. Leanne