VampirePr... 5

VampirePrincessLizzy

About me: Getting back into the swing of things :)

Member since:08.02.2006

Step away to your points

09.06.2010

Advantages:
Easy to use, fun, motivation

Disadvantages:
The price

72 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. D_i_a_n_e
  2. izzy-gratton
  3. JOE.B
and a further member
  1. Gingerkitty
  2. Absinthe_Fairy
  3. iallan

I started Weight Watchers 11 weeks ago now, and on there selling table where they sell all the Weight Watcher goodies etc. I spotted there pedometer plus which looked a handy little tool but at £18.95 I decided not to bother at the time.

Anyhow to cut along story short for inviting some of my friends to come to WW, I got some money off vouchers for the value of £5.00 off anything on the stall. As my luck would have it I also won the weekly raffle which was for £8.00 to spend on anything I wanted. So I had £13.00 off the £18.95 pedometer I wanted. (If Iím honest if not for the raffle I donít think I would have purchased the pedometer).

Just in case someone out there has not heard of Weight Watchers I thought I would do a little paragraph on what WW is. WW is a point system diet, where you are allocated so many points per day (points are worked out by your weight and how active you are, normally done by your leader if you are going to meetings). You have your daily point total which if you stick to can lose up to 2lbs per week. Each food contains points so you have to add your points up. If however youíre feeling peckish still this is where your activity points can come in handy. Activity points are extra points you have achieved to top up your daily total of points.

Pedometer Plus:
I opened the box inside there was a leaflet with easy to follow instructions on how to set up my new pedometer. All you have to do is enter you details height, weight and it works out your stride so it can actuality calculate how many steps you have walked which are turned into activity points.

Weight Watchers say that this will:
ē The new POINTS Pedometer plus calculates and tracks activity values earned from everyday walking and activity

ē Using memberís personal data it calculates a specific healthy daily steps target and exercise time for each member to earn activity POINTS values

ē Tracks activity POINTS values earned from over seven days

The pedometer plus will increase activity levels and lower the bodies mass index and blood pressure, due to raised awareness of how active you are every day.

My First Time:
On the pedometer in the corner you have a round black button marked with the letter M if you press it you will see the time, you can change it to a stop watch, your weight, your stride, how many points you have earned, the distance you have walked and how many steps you have walked. Which really this little tool can do a lot!

After I purchased my pedometer at an evening meeting, I didnít use it until the morning. Have to say I was rather excited the first time I put it on! I was looking at it every five minutes to see how many more steps I had done. (Even taking the iron upstairs a bit at a time to add more steps!)

I was finding that I wanted to beat my step total each day, which I found quiet fun. There are two different modes on this pedometer, all day mode which is the one I always use and active mode. Active mode tracks your points you have earned from a structured exercise like running, cycling etc which are things I canít do due to problems with my knees.

For me all day mode works best as it calculates my healthy daily step target and turns all my steps in to activity points. After a couple of weeks I found I still wanted to beat my steps each day, which is good as it keeps me motivated in achieving my weight loss goal!

How to wear:
The neat little pedometer can be popped into your pocket, but it also comes with a neck tie if you wish to wear it round your neck. Plus it also comes with a handy clip which fastens onto the pedometer so you can clip it on to the top of your trousers, belt, top etc.

Value for money:
Well personally I do think £18.95 is very expensive for a pedometer even though it just doesnít add up your steps. I do think it should be valued more round the £9.99 mark. Iím very impressed by this product and wouldnít want to be without mine now.

Overall:
Apart from the cost, I can not fault this amazing little tool. It keeps me on track, helps me work out my points Iíve earned during the day without having to use the old card system! Right now WW are selling these for £9.48 which is an excellent buy for people that need some more motivating and more the price I think they should be. How long the sale will last for however I donít know so if youíre a WW member grab one while you can! Itís easy to set up and simple to use, I donít see anyone having a problem in using this.

In my eleven weeks I have now lost a total of 25lbs almost at my 2 stone mark which the pedometer has helped me along the way.

Thanks for reading!

Pictures of Weight Watchers Pedometer
Weight Watchers Pedometer Weight Watchers Pedometer
Weight Watchers Pedometer

Write your own review Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful. Write a review and you will earn 2p per rating if other members rate your review at least helpful.   Report a problem with this reviewís content

Sussex_Paul 29.09.2010 14:48

Another really helpful review. Does sound a bit expensive for what it can do.

hayleigh_18 20.08.2010 11:34

Cannot believe you have lost so much!! Congratulations :D (which I'm sure I've also said on one of your other reviews lol)!!

catsholiday 05.07.2010 13:06

Congratulations on your fantastic weight loss. I bought a cheap pedometer but it was rubbish - I think you do need a good one.